Translation of shortsighted in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] miope, corto de vistaExample sentences1.2 [attitude/policy] corto de miras, miope, con poca visión de futuro
- To a short-sighted person, distant objects seem blurred, while near objects can be seen more clearly.
- Heavy computer use could be linked to glaucoma, especially among those who are short-sighted, fear researchers.
- The scientists suggest that the optic nerve in short-sighted users might be more sensitive to ‘computer stress’.
- This way of thinking is short-sighted and serves only to damage the nursing profession.
- This will lead to short-sighted, usually inappropriate responses in the short run.
- The decision to end the youth programme at Queen Mary Hospital was a very short-sighted decision.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.