- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] miope, corto de vistaMore example sentences1.2 [attitude/policy] corto de miras, miope, con poca visión de futuro
More example sentences
- To a short-sighted person, distant objects seem blurred, while near objects can be seen more clearly.
- Heavy computer use could be linked to glaucoma, especially among those who are short-sighted, fear researchers.
- The scientists suggest that the optic nerve in short-sighted users might be more sensitive to ‘computer stress’.
- This way of thinking is short-sighted and serves only to damage the nursing profession.
- This will lead to short-sighted, usually inappropriate responses in the short run.
- The decision to end the youth programme at Queen Mary Hospital was a very short-sighted decision.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.