- 1 (spade) pala (f) a shovel of earth una palada de tierraMore example sentences
- Hand tools such as spades, shovels, sickles etc, which currently attract a 16 per cent excise duty will also be fully exempt.
- Much of the work is done manually using basic tools like hammers, shovels, axes and mammoties, a spade-like implement common throughout Sri Lanka.
- Digging tools like rakes, shovels, pitch forks and spade are some of the basic tools used by professional gardeners as well as beginners.
- 2(power shovel)2.1 excavadora (f) 2.2 (scoop) pala (f)More example sentences
- If you are mining by open pit, your haul trucks and shovels will be diesel or electric.
- A mechanical shovel was used to load lorries resulting in the decimation of the surface.
- Two workmen and a mechanical shovel would sort out the whole sorry mess in one weekend at a tiny fraction of the stupid price they are talking about for a bridge.
vt ( (BrE) -ll-)
- [coal] palear; [snow] espalar they shoveled a path through the snow abrieron un camino con la pala en la nieve to shovel sand into a pile amontonar arena con una pala he shoveled his food down [colloquial/familiar] engulló or se zampó la comidaMore example sentences
- She went out and helped the boys shovel snow out of the drive and part of the street.
- Once the first few inches of ice formed, men were put on the ice to shovel any snow that fell.
- Have your kids help shovel the snow off the driveway and use that excess snow to build a huge snow fort.