- 1 1.1 (advantageous setting) the series is simply a showcase for its stars la serie no es más que un vehículo para el lucimiento de sus estrellas 1.2 (spectacular example) escaparate (masculine) he turned the country into a showcase of capitalism convirtió al país en un escaparate del capitalismo
- 2 (cabinet) vitrina (feminine)More example sentences
- The first one I saw displayed in a gun shop showcase drew customers like bears to honey.
- It is shipped after the buyer collects his or her Corvette from its showcase in the museum.
- New models are displayed in one showcase, and rental guns are offered in another.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) exhibir
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.