Translation of showcase in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (advantageous setting) the series is simply a showcase for its stars la serie no es más que un vehículo para el lucimiento de sus estrellas 1.2 (spectacular example) escaparate (masculine) he turned the country into a showcase of capitalism convirtió al país en un escaparate del capitalismo
- 2 (cabinet) vitrina (feminine)Example sentences
- The first one I saw displayed in a gun shop showcase drew customers like bears to honey.
- It is shipped after the buyer collects his or her Corvette from its showcase in the museum.
- New models are displayed in one showcase, and rental guns are offered in another.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) exhibir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas