- 1 1.1 (advantageous setting) the series is simply a showcase for its stars la serie no es más que un vehículo para el lucimiento de sus estrellas 1.2 (spectacular example) escaparate (masculine) he turned the country into a showcase of capitalism convirtió al país en un escaparate del capitalismo
- 2 (cabinet) vitrina (feminine)More example sentences
- The first one I saw displayed in a gun shop showcase drew customers like bears to honey.
- It is shipped after the buyer collects his or her Corvette from its showcase in the museum.
- New models are displayed in one showcase, and rental guns are offered in another.
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.