- 1 (in bathroom) ducha (f), regadera (f) (Méx) he's in the shower se está duchando or bañando to take o (BrE) have a shower ducharse, darse* una ducha, bañarse (before n) shower attachmentducha de plástico que se empalma a los grifos de la bañera shower cap gorro (m) de ducha shower curtain cortina (f) de ducha shower gel gel (m) de baño shower head alcachofa (f) de la ducha, regadera (f) (Col, Cu, Méx, Ven) shower stall o (BrE) cabinet ducha (f) shower tray plato (m) or plataforma (f) de ducha; shower unit cabina (f) de duchaMore example sentences
- A tall slim black headed woman stood in the shower washing herself off after her day of work.
- Its white suite includes a bath with overhead electric shower and a wash hand basin with vanity unit.
- Volunteers are asked to provide a spare room, a warm evening meal, a shower or bath, clean clothes, and facilities to wash their clothes.
- 2 [Meteo] chaparrón (m), chubasco (m); (heavier) aguacero (m) scattered showers chubascos aislados it's only a shower solo es un chaparrón snow/sleet showers chubascos de nieve/aguanieve hail shower granizada (f) a shower of arrows/bullets/stones una lluvia de flechas/balas/piedras a shower of sparks una lluvia de chispas a shower of abuse una lluvia or un aluvión de insultos do you think I came down in the last shower? ¿crees que nací ayer?More example sentences
- It was very cold with light snow showers, sleet and rain, but the pitch, despite being heavy, was in remarkably good condition.
- Frequently within just a few minutes, sunshine, heavy rain showers and hail storms occurred.
- This would often bring showers of snow or rain, and sometime hail.
- 3 (people) (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], (no pl) panda (f) or (CS) manga (f) de inútiles ( or pesados etc) [familiar/colloquial]
- 4 (party) (AmE) fiesta en la que los invitados obsequian a la homenajeada con motivo de su próxima boda, el nacimiento de su niño etcMore example sentences
- Will the mother-to-be know of the party, or will you be having a surprise baby shower?
- To make the party more momentous, you can make a surprise baby shower for the guest of honor.
- But soon after Jay was shot, she put her dream baby shower on hold.
- 1.1 (spray) regar* the volcano showered ash on the town el volcán regó la ciudad de cenizas, el volcán arrojó cenizas sobre la ciudad to shower sb
withsth tirarle algo aalgn the bride and groom were showered with rice les tiraron arroz a los noviosMore example sentences1.2 (bestow lavishly)to shower sth
- The heavy rain which had showered the course for 36 hours finally relented for the third round and left the fearsome Bethpage Black course more receptive to below-par scoring.
- If you could get a kite's eye view of this place, dotting the scene would be these intense spots of orange or blue flame, showering sparks about.
- Little Kara McLaughlin suffered severe burns to her face and left hand when a firework in her garden exploded, showering her in hot sparks.
onsb congratulations were showered (up)on the winner le llovieron felicitaciones al ganadorto shower sb withsth the country showered him with honors el país lo colmó de honores
- 1.1 (wash) ducharse, darse* una ducha, bañarse 1.2 (be sprayed) [water/leaves/stones] caer*; [letters/congratulations/protests] llover*More example sentences
More example sentences
- Subsequently, the witnesses said, Rhodes allegedly showered her with pepper spray, threw her against the wall, kneed her in the head as she knelt on the ground and struck her head on the ground while holding her hair.
- People were thrown onto the coach ceiling and the shattering windows showered them with broken glass.
More example sentences
- In other words, if you got money, just sit still and you will be showered with more.
- Akra Jr frequently showers Li'l Bhaji with hugs and kisses, delights in getting his little brother to giggle at him.
- Russo, who played treacherous Carlo in ‘The Godfather,’ will be seen in ‘Growing Up Gotti’ tonight, showering Victoria with roses, chocolates and even an impromptu love song in a crowded restaurant.
- Water for basic household tasks like washing, showering and toilet facilities proved impossible when the taps in more than 200 households suddenly went dry.
- I cleaned and scrubbed, washed and purified, showered and bathed and sponged and splashed.
- Apply an emollient cream or ointment after washing, bathing or showering and between baths or showers, as often as necessary.
- llover*, caer* un chaparrón