Translation of shower in Spanish:
- 1 (in bathroom) ducha (feminine), regadera (feminine) (Mexico/México) he's in the shower se está duchando or bañando to take o (British English/inglés británico) have a shower ducharse, darse* una ducha, bañarse (before noun/delante del nombre) shower attachment[ ducha de plástico que se empalma a los grifos de la bañera ] shower stall o (British English/inglés británico) cabinet ducha (feminine)Example sentences
- A tall slim black headed woman stood in the shower washing herself off after her day of work.
- Its white suite includes a bath with overhead electric shower and a wash hand basin with vanity unit.
- Volunteers are asked to provide a spare room, a warm evening meal, a shower or bath, clean clothes, and facilities to wash their clothes.
- 2 [Meteorol] chaparrón (masculine), chubasco (masculine); (heavier) aguacero (masculine) scattered showers chubascos aislados it's only a shower solo es un chaparrón snow/sleet showers chubascos de nieve/aguanieve hail shower granizada (feminine) a shower of arrows/bullets/stones una lluvia de flechas/balas/piedras a shower of sparks una lluvia de chispas a shower of abuse una lluvia or un aluvión de insultos do you think I came down in the last shower? ¿crees que nací ayer?Example sentences
- It was very cold with light snow showers, sleet and rain, but the pitch, despite being heavy, was in remarkably good condition.
- Frequently within just a few minutes, sunshine, heavy rain showers and hail storms occurred.
- This would often bring showers of snow or rain, and sometime hail.
- 3 (people) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], (no plural/sin plural) panda (feminine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) manga (feminine) de inútiles ( or pesados etc) [colloquial/familiar]
- 4 (party) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ fiesta en la que los invitados obsequian a la homenajeada con motivo de su próxima boda, el nacimiento de su niño etc ]Example sentences
- Will the mother-to-be know of the party, or will you be having a surprise baby shower?
- To make the party more momentous, you can make a surprise baby shower for the guest of honor.
- But soon after Jay was shot, she put her dream baby shower on hold.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (spray) regar* the volcano showered ash on the town el volcán regó la ciudad de cenizas, el volcán arrojó cenizas sobre la ciudad to shower sb
withsth tirarle algo aalgn the bride and groom were showered with rice les tiraron arroz a los novios 1.2 (bestow lavishly)to shower sth onsb congratulations were showered (up)on the winner le llovieron felicitaciones al ganadorto shower sb withsth the country showered him with honors el país lo colmó de honores
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
impersonal verb/verbo impersonal
- llover*, caer* un chaparrón
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the