Translation of shower in Spanish:
- 1 (in bathroom) he's in the showerse está duchando or bañandoto take or (British) have a showerducharse(before noun) shower attachment
darse una ducha
bañarse(ducha de plástico que se empalma a los grifos de la bañera)shower stall or (British) cabinetExample sentences
- A tall slim black headed woman stood in the shower washing herself off after her day of work.
- Its white suite includes a bath with overhead electric shower and a wash hand basin with vanity unit.
- Volunteers are asked to provide a spare room, a warm evening meal, a shower or bath, clean clothes, and facilities to wash their clothes.
- 2 (Meteorology)(heavier) aguacero (masculine)scattered showerschubascos aisladosit's only a showersolo es un chaparrónsnow/sleet showerschubascos de nieve/aguanievehail shower a shower of arrows/bullets/stonesuna lluvia de flechas/balas/piedrasa shower of sparksuna lluvia de chispasa shower of abuseuna lluvia or un aluvión de insultosdo you think I came down in the last shower?¿crees que nací ayer?Example sentences
- It was very cold with light snow showers, sleet and rain, but the pitch, despite being heavy, was in remarkably good condition.
- Frequently within just a few minutes, sunshine, heavy rain showers and hail storms occurred.
- This would often bring showers of snow or rain, and sometime hail.
- 3 (people) (British) [colloquial](no plural)
panda (feminine) or (Southern Cone) manga (feminine) de inútiles ( or pesados etc. ) [colloquial]
- 4 (party) (US)(fiesta en la que los invitados obsequian a la homenajeada con motivo de su próxima boda, el nacimiento de su niño etc)Example sentences
- Will the mother-to-be know of the party, or will you be having a surprise baby shower?
- To make the party more momentous, you can make a surprise baby shower for the guest of honor.
- But soon after Jay was shot, she put her dream baby shower on hold.
- 1 (spray) the volcano showered ash on the townel volcán regó la ciudad de cenizasto shower somebody
el volcán arrojó cenizas sobre la ciudad
withsomethingtirarle algothe bride and groom were showered with rice aalguienles tiraron arroz a los noviosExample sentences
- The heavy rain which had showered the course for 36 hours finally relented for the third round and left the fearsome Bethpage Black course more receptive to below-par scoring.
- If you could get a kite's eye view of this place, dotting the scene would be these intense spots of orange or blue flame, showering sparks about.
- Little Kara McLaughlin suffered severe burns to her face and left hand when a firework in her garden exploded, showering her in hot sparks.
- 2 (bestow lavishly)to shower something
onsomebodycongratulations were showered (up)on the winnerle llovieron felicitaciones al ganadorto shower somebody withsomethingthe country showered him with honorsel país lo colmó de honoresExample sentences
- In other words, if you got money, just sit still and you will be showered with more.
- Akra Jr frequently showers Li'l Bhaji with hugs and kisses, delights in getting his little brother to giggle at him.
- Russo, who played treacherous Carlo in ‘The Godfather,’ will be seen in ‘Growing Up Gotti’ tonight, showering Victoria with roses, chocolates and even an impromptu love song in a crowded restaurant.
- 1 (wash)ducharse
darse una ducha
- Water for basic household tasks like washing, showering and toilet facilities proved impossible when the taps in more than 200 households suddenly went dry.
- I cleaned and scrubbed, washed and purified, showered and bathed and sponged and splashed.
- Apply an emollient cream or ointment after washing, bathing or showering and between baths or showers, as often as necessary.
- 2 (be sprayed)(water/leaves/stones)
- Subsequently, the witnesses said, Rhodes allegedly showered her with pepper spray, threw her against the wall, kneed her in the head as she knelt on the ground and struck her head on the ground while holding her hair.
- People were thrown onto the coach ceiling and the shattering windows showered them with broken glass.
caer un chaparrón
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.