Translation of shrill in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- Example sentences
- Julian winced slightly at the sound of the shrill voice echoing down the halls, accompanied by thundering footsteps.
- In a statement read in court, Joan Turner said he used to let out a low whimpering sound and an occasional high-pitched shrill noise which could keep his mother awake.
- When he thought something ironic, he would let out a high-pitched shrill laugh that sounded like a hyena.
- The real show of class warfare is the threatened curtailment of charitable status for private schools and the shrill demand that universities take more state-school pupils.
- His calamitous ignorance of his system's failure, plus his reluctance to acknowledge it once was drawn to his attention, drew shrill demands for his dismissal.
- While the semaphore continues with increasingly shrill demands of ‘do deal now!’
- By the time the final whistle shrilled through Dr Cullen an exhibition of scoring had been given by the Kildavin-Clonegal team.
- The next day, just one minute before our alarm clock rings for gym time, my phone took a head start and shrilled loudly.
- When the phone shrilled on his desk, the tone of the woman on the other end was not a happy one.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.