Translation of shrimp in Spanish:
noun plural shrimp or (in British English also) shrimps
- 1 (large)(medium) camarón (masculine) (Latin America)
gamba (feminine) (especially Spain)
langostino (masculine) (Southern Cone)Example sentences
- While blue whales may occasionally feed on pelagic crabs and small fishes, their diet is almost exclusively euphausiid shrimps commonly called krill.
- Eumalacostraca is the group that contains most of the animals the general public recognize as crustaceans, such as shrimp, crabs, lobsters.
- The trip north is slow for the cow-calf pair because of stops for nursing and the occasional meal of mysid shrimp or other food encountered.
- 2plural shrimps(small person) [colloquial] [pejorative]renacuajo, (-ja) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial] [pejorative]
enano, (-na) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial] [pejorative]Example sentences
- Are you sure you want to hang out with that shrimp?
- to go shrimpingir a pescar camarones ( or gambas etc)Example sentences
- Earlier this week we went shrimping with a Vietnamese fisherman.
- Down on the river there are public fishing piers that you can shrimp from.
- You can shrimp from the shore anywhere but you need special custom-made nets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.