- 1.1 (holy place) santuario (m), santo lugar (m); (chapel) capilla (f); (in out-of-the-way place) ermita (f) a shrine to the dead star un altar or santuario a la desaparecida estrella 1.2 (alcove) hornacina (f)More example sentences1.3 (tomb) sepulcro (m)
More example sentences1.4 (reliquary) relicario (m)
- There is a new statue in the shrine, larger and gold-plated.
- Adriana hid the trinkets in her bedroom, in her little shrine with its statue of the Virgin.
- The shrine's niche was full of so many old flowers I couldn't even see which saint was in it.
More example sentences
- On these days they do not enter temples or home shrines, or approach holy men.
- The Sikhs were also deprived of many historic shrines and holy places which were left in Pakistan.
- Many of my friends who are non-Muslims wonder why they are not allowed to visit Makkah and Madinah during Hajj while Muslims are allowed to visit their holy cities and shrines.
- The church and Minster of St.Werburgs also would have commissioned him to make various ecclesiastical bronze ware such as Thuribles, Censers etc; possibly even elements to shrines and reliquaries.
- It is now accepted in art circles that the belt was a reliquary or shrine.
- The chests or reliquaries in which they were buried were often venerated as shrines and could also serve as an altar.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.