Translation of shrine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (holy place)santo lugar (masculine)(chapel)(in out-of-the-way place)a shrine to the dead star1.2 (alcove)un altar or santuario a la desaparecida estrellaExample sentences1.3 (tomb)
Example sentences1.4 (reliquary)
- There is a new statue in the shrine, larger and gold-plated.
- Adriana hid the trinkets in her bedroom, in her little shrine with its statue of the Virgin.
- The shrine's niche was full of so many old flowers I couldn't even see which saint was in it.
- On these days they do not enter temples or home shrines, or approach holy men.
- The Sikhs were also deprived of many historic shrines and holy places which were left in Pakistan.
- Many of my friends who are non-Muslims wonder why they are not allowed to visit Makkah and Madinah during Hajj while Muslims are allowed to visit their holy cities and shrines.
- The church and Minster of St.Werburgs also would have commissioned him to make various ecclesiastical bronze ware such as Thuribles, Censers etc; possibly even elements to shrines and reliquaries.
- It is now accepted in art circles that the belt was a reliquary or shrine.
- The chests or reliquaries in which they were buried were often venerated as shrines and could also serve as an altar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to