Translation of shrive in Spanish:
transitive verb past tense shrove or shrived past participle shriven or shrived
- (Religion) [archaic]Example sentences
- In the week immediately before lent everyone shall go to his confessor and confess his deeds and the confessor shall so shrive him and make pancakes.
- Pascal accompanies the priest on his regular visit to shrive the residents of the local mental hospital, and finds himself hearing one of the confessions, almost but not quite by accident.
- Without the direct intervention of God's angels, William cannot recognize it and be shriven of it.
- Neither is he one of those Fianna Fáil people who argues that the party needs to shrive itself and get back to basics.
- Moreover, contrition must be continual, and a man must keep and hold a steadfast purpose to shrive himself and to amend his way of life.
- And if he live until his last day, scarcely then may he shrive himself or then remember his sins, or repent of them, because of the grievous malady about to cause his death.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.