Translation of shroud in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for corpse) a shroud of mystery/secrecyun velo de misterio/silencioExample sentences1.2 (Nautical)
- Nevertheless, the image is believed by many to be a negative image of the crucified Christ and the shroud is believed to be his burial shroud.
- Sometimes the quilts are eventually used as a shroud for burial.
- The burial shroud was lying where the body had been placed and the headpiece was folded neatly and put in a different part of the tomb.
- The side decks are uncluttered except for the necessary genoa track and the mast shrouds are well inboard for easy passage and improved sheeting angles.
- There is an anchor locker forward and rigging shrouds are well inboard for easy passage fore and aft.
- The rig is a simple deck-stepped mast-head sloop with single upper shrouds and spreaders, double lower shrouds and split backstay.
- to be shrouded
insomethingthe town was shrouded in fog/gloom [literary]un velo de niebla/de tristeza envolvía la ciudad [literary]a case shrouded in mysteryun caso envuelto en un velo de misterio
un caso rodeado de misterioExample sentences
- The whole mountain is shrouded by clouds and mist, which the wind blows into various strange shapes.
- I'd noticed earlier that the alley we share had a lot of bricks scattered around, but a curtain shrouds my view of the actual wall.
- Altair craned his head around in an attempt to steal one last glance, but before he could, he found a veil of fog shrouding his view.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.