Translation of shroud in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for corpse) mortaja (feminine), sudario (masculine) a shroud of mystery/secrecy un velo de misterio/silencioExample sentences1.2 [Nautical/Náutica] obenque (masculine)
- Nevertheless, the image is believed by many to be a negative image of the crucified Christ and the shroud is believed to be his burial shroud.
- Sometimes the quilts are eventually used as a shroud for burial.
- The burial shroud was lying where the body had been placed and the headpiece was folded neatly and put in a different part of the tomb.
- The side decks are uncluttered except for the necessary genoa track and the mast shrouds are well inboard for easy passage and improved sheeting angles.
- There is an anchor locker forward and rigging shrouds are well inboard for easy passage fore and aft.
- The rig is a simple deck-stepped mast-head sloop with single upper shrouds and spreaders, double lower shrouds and split backstay.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- envolver*to be shrouded
insth the town was shrouded in fog/gloom [literary/literario] un velo de niebla/de tristeza envolvía la ciudad [literary/literario] a case shrouded in mystery un caso envuelto en un velo de misterio, un caso rodeado de misterio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the