- 1 (movement) with a shrug (of her shoulders) encogiéndose de hombros to give a shrug (of indifference) encogerse* de hombros (con indiferencia)More example sentences
- What was anticipated as a big fat Greek embrace turned instead into a casual shrug of the shoulders.
- Any restaurant that gets a shrug of the shoulders and a hand waving in the manner of an umpire should consider it a moral victory.
- There is no outrage, just a shrug of the shoulders.
- 2 [Clothing] bolero (m)More example sentences
- Also key is quirky detail: a velvet ribbon tied at the waist of a jacket; a fur shrug worn over a sloppy knit; a brooch or a corsage fastening a cardigan.
- Real or faux fur, shrugs, stoles or capelets are also great alternatives.
- Also a light brown camisole tank top, and a short white sweater shrug that had a chocolate brown colored tie in the front.
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.
- to shrug one's shoulders encogerse* de hombros
shrug offv + o + adv, v + adv + o
- [misfortune/disappointment] superar, sobreponerse* a; [criticism] hacer* caso omiso de, no dejarse afectar por