- 1 (movement) with a shrug (of her shoulders) encogiéndose de hombros to give a shrug (of indifference) encogerse* de hombros (con indiferencia)More example sentences
- What was anticipated as a big fat Greek embrace turned instead into a casual shrug of the shoulders.
- Any restaurant that gets a shrug of the shoulders and a hand waving in the manner of an umpire should consider it a moral victory.
- There is no outrage, just a shrug of the shoulders.
- 2 [Clothing/Indumentaria] bolero (masculine)More example sentences
- Also key is quirky detail: a velvet ribbon tied at the waist of a jacket; a fur shrug worn over a sloppy knit; a brooch or a corsage fastening a cardigan.
- Real or faux fur, shrugs, stoles or capelets are also great alternatives.
- Also a light brown camisole tank top, and a short white sweater shrug that had a chocolate brown colored tie in the front.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-gg-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- to shrug one's shoulders encogerse* de hombros
shrug offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [misfortune/disappointment] superar, sobreponerse* a; [criticism] hacer* caso omiso de, no dejarse afectar por
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.