Translation of shrug in Spanish:
- 1 (movement) with a shrug (of her shoulders) encogiéndose de hombros to give a shrug (of indifference) encogerse* de hombros (con indiferencia)Example sentences
- What was anticipated as a big fat Greek embrace turned instead into a casual shrug of the shoulders.
- Any restaurant that gets a shrug of the shoulders and a hand waving in the manner of an umpire should consider it a moral victory.
- There is no outrage, just a shrug of the shoulders.
- 2 [Clothing/Indumentaria] bolero (masculine)Example sentences
- Also key is quirky detail: a velvet ribbon tied at the waist of a jacket; a fur shrug worn over a sloppy knit; a brooch or a corsage fastening a cardigan.
- Real or faux fur, shrugs, stoles or capelets are also great alternatives.
- Also a light brown camisole tank top, and a short white sweater shrug that had a chocolate brown colored tie in the front.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-gg-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- to shrug one's shoulders encogerse* de hombros
shrug offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [misfortune/disappointment] superar, sobreponerse* a; [criticism] hacer* caso omiso de, no dejarse afectar por
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.