Translation of shuffle in Spanish:
- 1to shuffle one's feetarrastrar los piesExample sentences
- Riley cleared his throat and shuffled uneasily on his feet.
- His wild eyes were watching the boys and his feet shuffled uneasily.
- His hands moved quickly when he talked, and he shuffled from one foot to the other, as if dancing.
- 2 2.1(cards)
Example sentences2.2 (redeploy)
- What if you shuffled a pack of cards thoroughly and turned over the top 10 cards and they were all red?
- At the end of each hand, the played cards are gathered together and the whole pack is shuffled by the new dealer before the next deal.
- A second pack of cards is shuffled and the top card turned over to determine trumps.
- Votes will be recorded on a disc in each count centre and then brought to a central area, where they will be shuffled in order to guarantee voters' anonymity.
- This would include bowling changes, field changes, shuffling the batting order, speeding up or slowing down the pace of the game, etc.
- I could add new entries, shuffle the order of entries and delete entries from this list.
cambiar de puesto
- caminar or andar arrastrando los piesshe shuffled into/out of the roomentró en/salió de la habitación arrastrando los piesto shuffle in one's seatrevolverse en el asientohis shuffling gaitsu andar pesadoExample sentences
- I walked slowly shuffling along the busy hallway reflecting how alone one could feel in such a crowded place.
- Drew and Jordan tussled out the door and onto the side walk, as Gavin shuffles along behind them.
- With Romero penning the script, the dead once again walked and shuffled along the landscape of Pittsburgh.
- 1 1.1 (gait) (no plural) he walks with a shufflecamina or anda arrastrando los piesExample sentences1.2 (dance)
(baile parecido al claqué)Example sentences
- Their common gait is a shuffle like walk, however, they are able to reach speeds of 15 miles per hour on the ground.
- You too will have to be walked out in a shuffle, the doormen now more like sanitarium orderlies than bouncers.
- Plush but tidy brown hush puppies softened the girl's tread, and she walked with a slight shuffle, back hunched a bit, as if she were trying to hide from the world.
- It is not known when the shuffle was first performed on turf, rather than in a lounge room, but it is definitely known that opposition clubs hated it.
- The couple still enjoy a soft shoe shuffle during a tea dance at the Trafford Centre and Edna said her life with Jim had been wonderful.
- The shuffle, however, is like it was designed especially for me.
- 2 2.1 (of cards) to give the cards a shufflebarajar las cartasto be or get lost in the shuffle (US) (object)perderse en la confusiónthe idea of helping the poor seems to have been lost in the shufflela idea de ayudar a los pobres parece que ha quedado relegada al olvido2.2 (of personnel)Example sentences2.3 (of music on an mp3, etc) I had the music on shuffle
tenía la música en aleatorio
- It never fails to amaze me that junior high school pecking-order shuffles and re-shuffles are often the best way to read the policy tea leaves in the capital city of the world's most powerful nation.
- This summer also brought two important cabinet shuffles.
- The Presidential Office denied that a Cabinet shuffle was being considered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.