Translation of shuffle in Spanish:
- 1to shuffle one's feetarrastrar los piesExample sentences
- Riley cleared his throat and shuffled uneasily on his feet.
- His wild eyes were watching the boys and his feet shuffled uneasily.
- His hands moved quickly when he talked, and he shuffled from one foot to the other, as if dancing.
- 2 2.1(cards)
Example sentences2.2 (redeploy)
- What if you shuffled a pack of cards thoroughly and turned over the top 10 cards and they were all red?
- At the end of each hand, the played cards are gathered together and the whole pack is shuffled by the new dealer before the next deal.
- A second pack of cards is shuffled and the top card turned over to determine trumps.
- Votes will be recorded on a disc in each count centre and then brought to a central area, where they will be shuffled in order to guarantee voters' anonymity.
- This would include bowling changes, field changes, shuffling the batting order, speeding up or slowing down the pace of the game, etc.
- I could add new entries, shuffle the order of entries and delete entries from this list.
cambiar de puesto
- caminar or andar arrastrando los piesshe shuffled into/out of the roomentró en/salió de la habitación arrastrando los piesto shuffle in one's seatrevolverse en el asientohis shuffling gaitsu andar pesadoExample sentences
- I walked slowly shuffling along the busy hallway reflecting how alone one could feel in such a crowded place.
- Drew and Jordan tussled out the door and onto the side walk, as Gavin shuffles along behind them.
- With Romero penning the script, the dead once again walked and shuffled along the landscape of Pittsburgh.
- 1 1.1 (gait) (no plural) he walks with a shufflecamina or anda arrastrando los piesExample sentences1.2 (dance)
(baile parecido al claqué)Example sentences
- Their common gait is a shuffle like walk, however, they are able to reach speeds of 15 miles per hour on the ground.
- You too will have to be walked out in a shuffle, the doormen now more like sanitarium orderlies than bouncers.
- Plush but tidy brown hush puppies softened the girl's tread, and she walked with a slight shuffle, back hunched a bit, as if she were trying to hide from the world.
- It is not known when the shuffle was first performed on turf, rather than in a lounge room, but it is definitely known that opposition clubs hated it.
- The couple still enjoy a soft shoe shuffle during a tea dance at the Trafford Centre and Edna said her life with Jim had been wonderful.
- The shuffle, however, is like it was designed especially for me.
- 2 2.1 (of cards) to give the cards a shufflebarajar las cartasto be o get lost in the shuffle (American English) (object)perderse en la confusiónthe idea of helping the poor seems to have been lost in the shufflela idea de ayudar a los pobres parece que ha quedado relegada al olvido2.2 (of personnel)Example sentences2.3 (of music on an mp3, etc) I had the music on shuffle
tenía la música en aleatorio
- It never fails to amaze me that junior high school pecking-order shuffles and re-shuffles are often the best way to read the policy tea leaves in the capital city of the world's most powerful nation.
- This summer also brought two important cabinet shuffles.
- The Presidential Office denied that a Cabinet shuffle was being considered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.