Translation of shutter in Spanish:
- 1 (on window — inner) to put up the shuttersbajar la cortina
cerrar el negocioExample sentences
- A pair of windows with wooden shutters allows for a good deal of incoming light.
- It appears that a thief, described as a drunk male wearing a combat jacket, used a crowbar to prise open the security shutter before smashing the window.
- There were two doors, both seemingly exiting to the outside, and two windows that were covered on the inside by primitive wooden shutters.
- 2 (Photography)Example sentences
- In order to prevent the image from being blurry, Cassini actually had to rotate while the camera shutter was open in order to maintain her pointing at Phoebe.
- When the shutter of your camera opens for that fraction of a second, photons of light stream in and strike the silver halide grains suspended in the gelatin emulsion.
- The camera shutter was open for 8 m sec per frame to avoid motion blur of the particles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.