Translation of shuttle in Spanish:
- 1 (in loom, sewing machine)Example sentences
- Different colored silks and metal threads have their own separate shuttles and are painstakingly worked backwards and forwards through the warps to create the complex design bands at each end of the textile.
- Also on display on the cart are accessories once familiar to thousands of East Lancashire weavers - shuttles and pirns on which weft yarn was wound.
- Not much later, she was settled into a comfortable rhythm, the shuttle darting in and out between the warp threads.
- Sara lowered her gaze to the tatting shuttle in her hand.
- 2 2.1 (Aviation)(bus, train service)I took the nine o'clock shuttle from Boston to New York
servicio (masculine) (regular) de enlacetomé el puente aéreo de las nueve de Boston a Nueva Yorkshuttle flight(Aviation)shuttle train
puente (masculine) aéreotren (masculine) de enlace2.2also: space shuttletransbordador (masculine) or lanzadera (feminine) espacialExample sentences
- Paris has two airports, which both operate a regular shuttle bus service to the Disney resort, taking 45 minutes.
- Free shuttle buses transport visitors between the two parks.
- Volunteers who have official accreditation passes will be able to avail of free transport on the shuttle busses to the venues.
- 3→ shuttlecock
- the injured were shuttled to the hospitalExample sentences
- Along with about two-dozen other bank employees being shuttled to work on a minibus, Shakir was waiting at the same checkpoint.
- The ferries that used to shuttle area residents along the river stopped in the 1950s when a highway cut the neighborhood off from the waterfront.
- Wind the clock forward half a millennia or so and Queen Elizabeth II wears the crown, and Hythe ferry is still shuttling passengers across Southampton Water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.