Translation of sibilant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (hissing) [literary] 1.2 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Though everyone else in the picture speaks in some variation of a British accent, poor Jolie has been given the Transylvanian throat-sucker's throaty, sibilant vowels, as well as a wardrobe of snakes.
- The addition of e before s after sibilant consonants (pass/passes) and final o (go/goes).
- Modern Portuguese is characterized by an abundance of sibilant and palatal consonants and a broad spectrum of vowel sounds (five nasal phonemes and eight to ten oral ones).
- There were shouts and laughter and sibilant whispers.
- You hear the sibilant whisper of gentle waves washing the shore and you know the sea is calm tonight.
- We all spoke German, too, at the table - except when talking to the waitress, when we settled into sibilant cadences and sharp vowels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the