Translation of sick note in Spanish:
- (British English)certificado (masculine) de enfermedadExample sentences
- Family doctors say they are struggling to cope with the soaring demand for sick notes as suspicious employers insist workers provide medical proof they are not skiving.
- Bradford Crown Court heard that it was only when Brown began to seek sick notes for her absences that her series of lies was revealed.
- The survey also highlighted concerns about the sick note system, most employers believing doctors issued them too easily.
Definition of sick note in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.