Translation of sickness in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (disease) [literary] (before noun) sickness insuranceExample sentences1.2 uncountable (being ill) See examples: inform your employer of your sickness as soon as possible
dé parte de enfermo lo antes posiblecomunique a su empleador que está enfermo lo antes posibleExample sentences1.3 uncountable (nausea)
- Viruses are responsible for some minor sicknesses like colds or chickenpox as well as extremely serious diseases like smallpox or HIV / AIDS.
- Farmers living in fumigated areas complain of myriad sicknesses, including skin problems and birth defects.
- Antibiotics are strong medicines used to treat sicknesses called infections.
(vomiting)a feeling of sicknessvómitos (masculine plural)car/air/travel sicknessuna sensación de náusea(s)Example sentences
- You have a severe headache with fever, sickness and possibly a rash.
- There are the usual migraine symptoms - headache, sickness, sensitivity to light, but there are no aura symptoms.
- Sixty-one years ago, they promised to love each other in sickness and health.
- There may also be nausea, sickness or diarrhoea, and a feeling of exhaustion.
- All the children were suffering from sickness, vomiting and twitching.
- York District Hospital managers today appealed for visitors who have suffered sickness and diarrhoea to stay away from its grounds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to