Translation of side in Spanish:
- 1 countable (surface — of cube, record, coin, piece of paper) this side upeste lado hacia arribawe laid the wardrobe on its sidecolocamos el armario de costado or de ladothey threw him over the sidelo arrojaron por la bordathe reverse side of the formel reverso del impreso1,000 words is about three sides1.000 palabras son más o menos tres carillasthe right/wrong side of the fabricel derecho/revés de la telayou've got it wrong side outlo tienes al revés→ coin 1 1Example sentences
- There is a side entrance from the front of the house into the kitchen pantry area.
- Turn it over and look at the top, front, back, sides and bottom.
- The house has a side entrance, large garden to the rear and off street parking.
- Cuboid cores are prepared blocky-like cubes of chert, with blades often produced on six sides.
- The album cover can only have been designed, and approved, by someone who owns dice with more than six sides.
- However, some have pointed out that many crystals have six sides rather than four.
- Encouraged, though shy, Moon started using both sides of the paper.
- Most campus printers are way cheaper when you use both sides of the paper.
- Staff and children alike reused paper, photocopied on both sides and shredded waste paper.
- You requested three or four numbers, so I have filled up one side of a cassette tape.
- There are six tracks split over two sides of vinyl, featuring daytime recording on one side and night-time workouts on the flip.
- Reliably, however, she woke up each time it was time to change sides on the tape.
- 2 countable (boundary, edge) he left it on the side of his platelo dejó en el plato, a un lado or (River Plate area) a un costadothey were playing by the side of the poolestaban jugando junto a or al lado de la piscinathe house is by the side of a lakela casa está a orillas de un lagoa hamburger with salad on the side (American English)una hamburguesa con una guarnición de ensaladawrite it here at the sideescríbalo aquí al margen
- 3 countable (of person) he sleeps on his sideduerme de costado or de ladoa side of beefmedia res (feminine)a side of porkmedio cerdo (masculine)Roy stood at her sideRoy estaba a su ladohe flew in from Washington to be at her sidevoló desde Washington para estar con ella or para acompañarlathey sat side by sideestaban sentados uno junto al otro or uno al lado del otrothe houses were built side by sidelas casas estaban construidas una al lado de la otravarious ethnic groups live side by side herevarios grupos étnicos conviven aquíto work side by side with somebodytrabajar codo con codo con alguiento get on the wrong side of somebodyganarse la antipatía de alguiento stay o keep on the right side of somebodyno predisponer a alguien en contra de unoExample sentences
- The first man received nine stab wounds to his chest and the left-hand side of his body.
- Nurses turned my body slowly on its side, so I could sleep and get feeling back in my legs.
- They keep me even on both sides of my body, and I can stand up without falling backwards or tipping too far forwards.
- Preserved pork, including sides salted to make bacon, held a place of primary importance in the British diet in past centuries.
- Mounds of oysters, long sides of smoked salmon and busy chefs cooking right in front of you are assurance enough of simple stuff done well.
- Murdoch arrived just a little bit later driving a wagon laden with sides of beef and pork for the barbecue.
- 4 countable (contrasted area, part, half) the driver's/passenger's sideel lado del conductor/pasajerothey drive on the left-hand side of the road the church is on the left-hand sidela iglesia está a mano izquierdaput it on the far side of the tableponlo en el otro extremo or en la otra punta de la mesashut up, he snarled out of the side of his mouth—cállate —mascullófrom side to sidede un lado al otroon both sides/either side of somethinga ambos lados/a cada lado de algoMary sat on one side of him and Helen on the othertenía a Mary sentada de un lado y a Helen del otroto move to one side move this box to one sidecorre la caja hacia un ladoto take somebody to one sidellamar a alguien aparteto put something on/to one sideI'll put it to one side until I have more timelo voy a dejar hasta que tenga más tiempoif you pay a deposit, we'll put it to one side for yousi nos deja un depósito se lo reservamos or se lo guardamosthey live the other side of the borderviven al otro lado de la fronterahe swam to the other side of the rivernadó hasta la otra orilla or hasta el otro lado del ríoshe walked past on the other side of the streetpasó por la acera de enfrentethis side of somethingthe bank is this side of the stationel banco está antes de llegar a la estaciónyou won't find a better goulash this side of Budapestsolo en Budapest podrá comer un 'goulash' mejor que esteit won't happen this side of the electionno sucederá antes de las eleccioneshe's the right/wrong side of 40tiene menos/más de 40 añosshe received support from all sidesrecibió apoyo de todos los sectoreson the sidehe repairs cars on the sidearregla coches como trabajo extrahe was having an affair on the sidetenía una amante→ track 1 6 1Example sentences
- This is an opening in the central wall of the heart that divides the right side from the left.
- Cut off the arms and neck hole and divide the two sides in two to make four dusters: dampen them slightly and they work a treat without the use of polish.
- The heart is a muscular pump divided into two sides.
- The Evening Press reported how a van driver had come across the woman slumped in an armchair at the side of the road near shops.
- She looked up at her surroundings, surprised to note that she was near the side of a road.
- The two cars, a Volvo and a Metro, had been parked safely at the side of the road outside his home in Foxwood Lane, York.
- The public deserve to hear both sides of the argument because this is the single most important decision to face this country.
- She is a much needed conservative voice in an often liberal media, and will fight to have both sides of every argument heard.
- On Monday a planning inspector heard both sides of the argument before visiting the site.
- 5 5.1 countable (faction) to change sidescambiarse de bandoto take sides to take somebody's sideponerse de parte or del lado de alguienwhose side are you on? representatives from the union/management siderepresentantes del sindicato/de la patronalshe worked for the other sidetrabajó para el enemigohe came down on the side of the unionfalló a favor del sindicato5.2 countable (Sport)Example sentences
Example sentences5.3 (part) on my/his side
- Previous England rugby sides, and England teams in many other sports, would have crumbled under the weight of such errors.
- Overall it was a battling team performance from both sides with the man of the match award going to Liam Chipman.
- They'll face better sides than this Monaco team, but you can only beat what's put in front of you.
por mi/su parte or lado
- He put a lot of left hand side on the cue ball, sending it round the table.
- 6 countable (area, aspect) the seamy side of New York lifeel lado or aspecto sórdido de la vida neoyorquinathe changes have their positive sidelos cambios tienen su lado or aspecto positivoto see only one side of the questionver solo un aspecto del asuntoa woman with many sides to her characteruna mujer polifacética or de muchas facetasmy brother deals with that side of the businessmi hermano se ocupa de esa parte or de ese aspecto del negocioyou must listen to both sides of the storyhay que oír las dos versiones or las dos campanasthis is only one side of the problemeste no es sino un aspecto del problemawe've kept our side of the bargainnosotros hemos cumplido con nuestra parte del tratoit's a little on the short/expensive sidees un poco corto/carothe price was a bit on the high sideel precio era más bien tirando a caroto look on the bright o sunny/gloomy o black side of somethingver el lado positivo or bueno/negativo or malo de algolet's look on the bright side; he may still comeseamos optimistas, quizás todavía vengaExample sentences
- The negative side of this aspect is that self-indulgence may cause physical problems.
- According to the young bride, her wedding was the bringing together of the emotional and business sides of her character.
- His delivery and facial expressions expose the many sides of his character and even hint at his own hypocrisy.
adjective before noun, no comparative
- 1(door/entrance/wall)a side street
lateraluna calle lateral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.