Translation of sidetrack in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (from subject)hacer desviar del temahe refused to be sidetracked by the interviewerno dejó que el entrevistador lo desviara del temaExample sentences1.2 (from purpose) sorry, I got sidetracked
- I get sidetracked by minor distractions all the time (which is often fun), but if I really want something, I'll keep the goal in sight and eventually get there.
- Then, once you really believe in something, the key is to keep your head down and go for it, spurning any attempt to sidetrack you on the way.
- The body of the text, arranged in three segments, provides links in the sidebar that may sidetrack the reader through related concepts in other segments.
- 1 (path, road)camino (masculine) secundarioExample sentences
- I've had to learn to see double, keeping the big ball rolling while juggling a full complement of sidetracks and minor emergencies.
- By the time Grandpa finishes his story, he's wandered down sidetracks, lost a few of the kids to sleep and even managed to lose his own place more than once.
- As a sidetrack, I might mention that my post of two days ago was my thousandth… yep, this one will be number 1003.
- 2 (Railways)Example sentences
- The conductor told us to lock the cabins and not let anyone inside unless he told us to because thieves pretending to be police quite often preyed on the sleeping cars parked in the sidetracks.
- One of the major disadvantages of rail transport is that a fast train cannot run on the same line as a suburban, stopping slow train without sidetracks and expensive signalling.
- Between this building and the main track, over which passenger trains usually run, is a side track connecting with the main track east, but not west.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.