Translation of sift in Spanish:
- 1(sprinkle) espolvorearExample sentences
- Diamonds sparkle in the radiance of my headlamp as snow sifts from an ebony sky.
- Snow was sifting down at Tiffindell ski resort near Rhodes yesterday morning, adding to over 25 cm which had fallen since Friday.
- Watch any good fell runner descending from a summit and it's like sand sifting through an egg timer.
pasar por el tamiz or la cribaExample sentences
- Rummaging through a small compartment next to her, she began to sift through old cards and small papers that she might need later on.
- Lord Hutton was asked to do a specific job: to take evidence, sift it, and reach conclusions.
- For this reason, post-publication review is very important to sifting good theory from bad.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.