- 1.1 [sugar/flour] tamizar*, cernir*, cerner*; (sprinkle) espolvorearMore example sentences1.2 [facts/evidence] pasar por el tamiz or la criba
- Diamonds sparkle in the radiance of my headlamp as snow sifts from an ebony sky.
- Snow was sifting down at Tiffindell ski resort near Rhodes yesterday morning, adding to over 25 cm which had fallen since Friday.
- Watch any good fell runner descending from a summit and it's like sand sifting through an egg timer.
- we'll have to sift through all the applications carefully vamos a tener que pasar todas las solicitudes por el tamiz or la cribaMore example sentences
- Rummaging through a small compartment next to her, she began to sift through old cards and small papers that she might need later on.
- Lord Hutton was asked to do a specific job: to take evidence, sift it, and reach conclusions.
- For this reason, post-publication review is very important to sifting good theory from bad.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...