Translation of sigh in Spanish:
- to sigh
forsomething/somebody [literary]suspirarto sigh poralgo/alguien withsomethinghe sighed with relief/contentmentsuspiró aliviado/satisfechothe wind sighed in the trees [literary]
dio un suspiro de alivio/satisfacciónel viento susurraba entre los árboles [literary]Example sentences
- All he could hear was the wind sighing in the trees and the soft lap of water against the wall surrounding the lake.
- A breeze sighed through the branches and we came to a glade, a secret place of fir and silver birch.
- The constant wind that hugs the hill-side seems to sigh at the memory.
- The joys of rereading might have offered Mallarme a stronger antidote to his ennui than sighing for distant, exotic lands.
- The words she remembered said, ‘My heart cries for you, sighs for you, dies for you.’
- Film buffs in Thrissur, tired of watching classics in the DVD format at art house shows, have been sighing for that matchless experience - seeing the magic unfold on the silver screen.
- to heave a sighdar un suspiroshe breathed o heaved a sigh of relief
suspirardio un suspiro de alivio
suspiró aliviadaExample sentences
- They looked at each other for a moment, and then Lisa let out a sigh of what sounded like frustration.
- I don't expect you to run wailing through the streets but couldn't you rustle up a small sigh of regret?
- Passengers waiting on the platform breathe a collective sigh of exasperation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.