Translation of significant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (important, considerable) importanteExample sentences1.2 (meaningful) [look/smile] expresivo, elocuente; [fact/remark] significativo
Example sentences1.3 (indicative) to be significant
- This work was little known about at the time but it has since emerged how significant this work proved to be.
- The next significant study of perfect numbers was made by Nicomachus of Gerasa.
- The nurses want a significant increase in their flat fee for agreeing to be on call.
- Downstairs, Martha gives Margaretha a significant look, upon which she rises and excuses herself to her guests, who leave.
- At all times and in all hours they were in deep consultation and Margarot was observed to say to Campbell, with a significant wink, "keep an eye on the old gentleman", meaning me.
ofsth [formal] ser* indicativo dealgoExample sentences
- For Fagan, the next few weeks promise to be the most significant of her year.
- Empires from Rome to Carthage fought over this most significant of nautical prizes.
- Most significant of all, we felt, was that so many divers were keen enough to queue up to have their fitness checked.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.