Translation of significant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (important, considerable)Example sentences1.2 (meaningful)
(fact/remark)Example sentences1.3 (indicative) See examples:to be significant
- This work was little known about at the time but it has since emerged how significant this work proved to be.
- The next significant study of perfect numbers was made by Nicomachus of Gerasa.
- The nurses want a significant increase in their flat fee for agreeing to be on call.
- Downstairs, Martha gives Margaretha a significant look, upon which she rises and excuses herself to her guests, who leave.
- At all times and in all hours they were in deep consultation and Margarot was observed to say to Campbell, with a significant wink, "keep an eye on the old gentleman", meaning me.
ofsomething [formal]ser indicativo dealgoExample sentences
- For Fagan, the next few weeks promise to be the most significant of her year.
- Empires from Rome to Carthage fought over this most significant of nautical prizes.
- Most significant of all, we felt, was that so many divers were keen enough to queue up to have their fitness checked.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the