- 1.1 (outline) silueta (feminine) to see sth in silhouette ver* la silueta de algoMore example sentences1.2 [Art/Arte] silueta (feminine)
More example sentences
- The design of their silhouettes against the light background with full windows is reminiscent of a Japanese screen.
- They dive down deep and look for prey that appear as dark silhouettes against the brighter underside of the ice.
- Dark silhouettes lurched crazily in the flickering light, while the pub doors creaked and slammed threatrically in the wind.
- These works are positives, so the amphibians are sharp, black silhouettes.
- Sugiura often uses the photogram as a paper negative to print a positive, in which the subject becomes a black silhouette.
- In one painting enigmatically titled Hoovering, there appears to be a black silhouette of a rabbit.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.