Translation of silhouette in Spanish:
- 1.1 (outline) silueta (feminine) to see sth in silhouette ver* la silueta de algoExample sentences1.2 [Art/Arte] silueta (feminine)
- The design of their silhouettes against the light background with full windows is reminiscent of a Japanese screen.
- They dive down deep and look for prey that appear as dark silhouettes against the brighter underside of the ice.
- Dark silhouettes lurched crazily in the flickering light, while the pub doors creaked and slammed threatrically in the wind.
- These works are positives, so the amphibians are sharp, black silhouettes.
- Sugiura often uses the photogram as a paper negative to print a positive, in which the subject becomes a black silhouette.
- In one painting enigmatically titled Hoovering, there appears to be a black silhouette of a rabbit.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.