Translation of silk in Spanish:
- 1 raw/artificial/pure silkseda cruda/artificial/naturalsewing silkhilo (masculine) de seda(before noun) silk industryindustria (feminine) de la sedasilk threadhilo (masculine) de seda→ purse 1 1 1, → smooth 1 1 1Example sentences
- Inspired by the rich tradition of the sub-continent, Karuna has concentrated on pure fabrics like khadi, silks, organza, brocade, tissue, crepe and georgette.
- The fabrics used - silks, chiffon, georgettes, organza, linen and cotton - remain clearly tailor-made for taking on the spring and summer of 2003.
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- 2 countable (in UK) (Law)to take silkser nombrado → Queen's CounselExample sentences
- There were people being led around by what I imagine were solicitors or junior barristers, the silks moving between courts, of which there appears to be the best part of 100 housed there, courts that is.
- And your Lordship will, of course, note that the claimant was represented by a silk and junior in this case.
- After an outstanding career as a silk, your Honour was appointed to the New South Wales Court of Appeal in 2000.
- 3also: silks plural(Horse racing)colores (masculine plural) (de la cuadra)Example sentences
- Marketing bosses even registered his bright orange and yellow racing silks with the Jockey Club for the remarkable stunt.
- Also during the meeting, they approved a regulation with revised language to permit advertising on owner silks, jockey attire, and track saddlecloths.
- Two English jockeys, in racing silks with whips, compete with each other for the audience's attention in a notional horse race.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.