- 1 seda (f) raw/artificial/pure silk seda cruda/artificial/natural sewing silk hilo (m) de seda (before n) silk industry industria (f) de la seda silk thread hilo (m) de seda purse1 1 1, smooth1 1 1More example sentences
- Inspired by the rich tradition of the sub-continent, Karuna has concentrated on pure fabrics like khadi, silks, organza, brocade, tissue, crepe and georgette.
- The fabrics used - silks, chiffon, georgettes, organza, linen and cotton - remain clearly tailor-made for taking on the spring and summer of 2003.
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- 2 c (in (UK) ) [Law] to take silk ser* nombrado Queen's CounselMore example sentences
- There were people being led around by what I imagine were solicitors or junior barristers, the silks moving between courts, of which there appears to be the best part of 100 housed there, courts that is.
- And your Lordship will, of course, note that the claimant was represented by a silk and junior in this case.
- After an outstanding career as a silk, your Honour was appointed to the New South Wales Court of Appeal in 2000.
- 3(silks pl)[Equ] colores (mpl) (de la cuadra)More example sentences
- Marketing bosses even registered his bright orange and yellow racing silks with the Jockey Club for the remarkable stunt.
- Also during the meeting, they approved a regulation with revised language to permit advertising on owner silks, jockey attire, and track saddlecloths.
- Two English jockeys, in racing silks with whips, compete with each other for the audience's attention in a notional horse race.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.