- 1 seda (feminine) raw/artificial/pure silk seda cruda/artificial/natural sewing silk hilo (masculine) de seda (before noun/delante del nombre) silk industry industria (feminine) de la seda silk thread hilo (masculine) de seda purse1 1 1, smooth1 1 1More example sentences
- Inspired by the rich tradition of the sub-continent, Karuna has concentrated on pure fabrics like khadi, silks, organza, brocade, tissue, crepe and georgette.
- The fabrics used - silks, chiffon, georgettes, organza, linen and cotton - remain clearly tailor-made for taking on the spring and summer of 2003.
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- 2 countable/numerable (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) [Law/Derecho] to take silk ser* nombrado Queen's CounselMore example sentences
- There were people being led around by what I imagine were solicitors or junior barristers, the silks moving between courts, of which there appears to be the best part of 100 housed there, courts that is.
- And your Lordship will, of course, note that the claimant was represented by a silk and junior in this case.
- After an outstanding career as a silk, your Honour was appointed to the New South Wales Court of Appeal in 2000.
- 3(silks plural)[Equestrianism/Equitación] colores (masculine plural) (de la cuadra)More example sentences
- Marketing bosses even registered his bright orange and yellow racing silks with the Jockey Club for the remarkable stunt.
- Also during the meeting, they approved a regulation with revised language to permit advertising on owner silks, jockey attire, and track saddlecloths.
- Two English jockeys, in racing silks with whips, compete with each other for the audience's attention in a notional horse race.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.