- 1 seda (feminine) raw/artificial/pure silk seda cruda/artificial/natural sewing silk hilo (masculine) de seda (before noun/delante del nombre) silk industry industria (feminine) de la seda silk thread hilo (masculine) de seda purse 1 1 1, smooth 1 1 1More example sentences
- Inspired by the rich tradition of the sub-continent, Karuna has concentrated on pure fabrics like khadi, silks, organza, brocade, tissue, crepe and georgette.
- The fabrics used - silks, chiffon, georgettes, organza, linen and cotton - remain clearly tailor-made for taking on the spring and summer of 2003.
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- 2 countable/numerable (in UK) [Law/Derecho] to take silk ser* nombrado Queen's CounselMore example sentences
- There were people being led around by what I imagine were solicitors or junior barristers, the silks moving between courts, of which there appears to be the best part of 100 housed there, courts that is.
- And your Lordship will, of course, note that the claimant was represented by a silk and junior in this case.
- After an outstanding career as a silk, your Honour was appointed to the New South Wales Court of Appeal in 2000.
- 3(silks plural)[Horse racing] colores (masculine plural) ([ de la cuadra ])More example sentences
- Marketing bosses even registered his bright orange and yellow racing silks with the Jockey Club for the remarkable stunt.
- Also during the meeting, they approved a regulation with revised language to permit advertising on owner silks, jockey attire, and track saddlecloths.
- Two English jockeys, in racing silks with whips, compete with each other for the audience's attention in a notional horse race.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.