Translation of silken in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of silk) [gown/shirt] de sedaExample sentences1.2 (like silk) [hair/skin] sedoso, como la seda
Example sentences1.3 (suave) [tones/voice] suave, aterciopelado
- The gown shone with a gleam of a thin layer of silken silver fabric that covered the light blue.
- The cover shows a soldier's combat helmet side-by-side with a diplomat's silken top hat.
- Despite an insulating jacket of leather over his three layers of silken robes, he was still shivering.
- Alaska was always smiling with spontaneous gestures, had silken hair, soft, wrinkle free, natural skin that was most alluring.
- His soft brown strands of silken hair shine in the fading sunlight, gently sweeping into his eyes and over the planes of his face.
- She had long, soft layers of silken chestnut hair that draped over her slender shoulders and cascaded down to the base of her back.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to