n (pl -los)
- 1.1 [Agr] silo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (for missile) silo (m)
- Just as I imagined it, with cows everywhere and lots of farms, silos, grain elevators, lakes - the whole nine yards.
- Machine sheds, empty livestock buildings, and silos can all hold grain, provided you do some preparation work.
- Be ready to point out the similarity between a wind tower and existing communications towers, or even grain elevators and silos, he said.
More example sentences
- At this point the stover part of the plant has good digestibility, and the moisture is usually in the desired range for storage in airtight silos.
- The buildings, ranged along a street, are simple stone structures with only one room, but all equipped with silos or dolia (enormous storage jars) partly buried in their floors.
- He feeds silage when lack of rain reduces pasture potential, ensiling sorghum-Sudangrass, soybeans or pasture clippings in trench silos.
- This system allowed Looking Glass to transmit launch codes to the intercontinental ballistic missiles in their underground silos should ground launch control centers become disabled.
- Protected in underground silos, the new missiles were ready for immediate launch.
- In August 1965, a civilian crew was working underground in the silo of this missile site and a fire erupted, killing 53 workers.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.