n (plural -los)
- 1.1 [Agriculture/Agricultura] silo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (for missile) silo (masculine)
- Just as I imagined it, with cows everywhere and lots of farms, silos, grain elevators, lakes - the whole nine yards.
- Machine sheds, empty livestock buildings, and silos can all hold grain, provided you do some preparation work.
- Be ready to point out the similarity between a wind tower and existing communications towers, or even grain elevators and silos, he said.
More example sentences
- At this point the stover part of the plant has good digestibility, and the moisture is usually in the desired range for storage in airtight silos.
- The buildings, ranged along a street, are simple stone structures with only one room, but all equipped with silos or dolia (enormous storage jars) partly buried in their floors.
- He feeds silage when lack of rain reduces pasture potential, ensiling sorghum-Sudangrass, soybeans or pasture clippings in trench silos.
- This system allowed Looking Glass to transmit launch codes to the intercontinental ballistic missiles in their underground silos should ground launch control centers become disabled.
- Protected in underground silos, the new missiles were ready for immediate launch.
- In August 1965, a civilian crew was working underground in the silo of this missile site and a fire erupted, killing 53 workers.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.