Translation of silo in Spanish:
noun plural -los
- 1.1 (Agriculture)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (for missile)
- Just as I imagined it, with cows everywhere and lots of farms, silos, grain elevators, lakes - the whole nine yards.
- Machine sheds, empty livestock buildings, and silos can all hold grain, provided you do some preparation work.
- Be ready to point out the similarity between a wind tower and existing communications towers, or even grain elevators and silos, he said.
- At this point the stover part of the plant has good digestibility, and the moisture is usually in the desired range for storage in airtight silos.
- The buildings, ranged along a street, are simple stone structures with only one room, but all equipped with silos or dolia (enormous storage jars) partly buried in their floors.
- He feeds silage when lack of rain reduces pasture potential, ensiling sorghum-Sudangrass, soybeans or pasture clippings in trench silos.
- This system allowed Looking Glass to transmit launch codes to the intercontinental ballistic missiles in their underground silos should ground launch control centers become disabled.
- Protected in underground silos, the new missiles were ready for immediate launch.
- In August 1965, a civilian crew was working underground in the silo of this missile site and a fire erupted, killing 53 workers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.