- 1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) plata (feminine)More example sentences
- Beryllium, calcium, silver and antimony have no appreciable effect on mechanical properties.
- Unlike gold, silver or other precious metals, copper is primarily an industrial metal sold by copper producers to large manufacturers.
- He described the ratios between the densities of gold, mercury, lead, silver, bronze, copper, brass, iron, and tin.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (household items) platería (feminine), plata (feminine) to clean the silver limpiar la platería or la plata 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (coins) monedas (feminine plural) ([ de plata, aluminio etc ])More example sentences2.3 countable/numerable (medal) medalla (feminine) de plata
More example sentences
- I tend to pick out the one pound coins and the silver to buy my lunch the next day so generally it's just the coppers that are left.
- The manager of the shop arrived to find the lock smashed, and the money, all silver and coppers, all gone.
- British imports of tea were steadily increasing during the early nineteenth century, and the Chinese would accept only specie, usually silver, in payment.
More example sentences
- Great Britain have won nine gold medals, 10 silvers and six bronze.
- Todate he has participated in six international events and has won himself a gold medal and three silvers.
- Between them they won 7 gold medals, 3 silvers and 3 bronze - more than any national team won in track and field at the Games, except America itself.
- Part of a hoard of family silver which vanished for more than 100 years was yesterday sold at auction for nearly £8,000.
- I could have just driven away with the family silver for all she knew.
- We have been pawning the family silver to pleasure ourselves.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (color) (color (masculine)) plata (masculine)More example sentences
- They are all normal colours, silver, or white, and never-ever purple.
- A gleaming and glittering twist on gray, silver is the complementary colour of gold.
- Unlike the stuffed one I saw originally, which had yellowed with age, the Nile Perch is silver in colour with a blue tinge.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.