Translation of silver in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (metal)Example sentences
- Beryllium, calcium, silver and antimony have no appreciable effect on mechanical properties.
- Unlike gold, silver or other precious metals, copper is primarily an industrial metal sold by copper producers to large manufacturers.
- He described the ratios between the densities of gold, mercury, lead, silver, bronze, copper, brass, iron, and tin.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (household items) to clean the silverlimpiar la platería or la plataExample sentences2.2 uncountable (coins)
monedas (feminine plural) (de plata, aluminio etc)Example sentences2.3 countable (medal)
- Part of a hoard of family silver which vanished for more than 100 years was yesterday sold at auction for nearly £8,000.
- I could have just driven away with the family silver for all she knew.
- We have been pawning the family silver to pleasure ourselves.
medalla (feminine) de plataExample sentences
- I tend to pick out the one pound coins and the silver to buy my lunch the next day so generally it's just the coppers that are left.
- The manager of the shop arrived to find the lock smashed, and the money, all silver and coppers, all gone.
- British imports of tea were steadily increasing during the early nineteenth century, and the Chinese would accept only specie, usually silver, in payment.
- Great Britain have won nine gold medals, 10 silvers and six bronze.
- Todate he has participated in six international events and has won himself a gold medal and three silvers.
- Between them they won 7 gold medals, 3 silvers and 3 bronze - more than any national team won in track and field at the Games, except America itself.
- 3 uncountable (color)Example sentences
- They are all normal colours, silver, or white, and never-ever purple.
- A gleaming and glittering twist on gray, silver is the complementary colour of gold.
- Unlike the stuffed one I saw originally, which had yellowed with age, the Nile Perch is silver in colour with a blue tinge.
dar(le) un baño de plata a
- The idol is silvered with the electrolytic process.
- Also in the Metropolitan Museum is a silvered and patinated copper jardiniere designed by Reiber for Christofle.
- Some late 17th century and early 18th century brass and copper pieces of high quality were originally silvered.
- Thus, it seems that mirror glass was silvered not only at glassworks but at looking-glass makers' shops as well.
- A sheet of glass is silvered with a pattern of repeated gestural strokes, making for a shifting lattice of fragmentary reflections and glimpses through the glass.
- A block of glass is silvered over the upper portion of the face closest to the laser beam.
- 2 (turn silver-colored) [literary]age had silvered her hairlos años le habían teñido el pelo de plata [literary]Example sentences
- No doubt he was one of those abstracted, lost-in-the-clouds types - it would explain why the rumpled, silvered hair needed cutting.
- Her fur and long hair were silvered, but it did not give her the appearance of being old.
- He turned his head to look at her face, her green eyes sparkling in the moonlight, her hair silvered by it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.