- 1 (plating) plateado (masculine)More example sentences
- For unclear reasons there was neither motivation by American flatware manufacturers to transfer the style from silver plate into stainless steel nor demand by consumers for them to do so.
- For example, the thickness of the silver plate that is deposited electrochemically on a spoon is greater if the electrical current is allowed to flow longer.
- They carry a jug and bowl of silver plate, luxury objects of great costliness in ancient Rome, either as a gift for Agrippa or perhaps, as Ebers suggests, to pour a libation before him as if he were a god.
- 2 (articles)[ objetos plateados o con baño de plata ]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Cahill's 20-year criminal career is believed to have netted him more than €40m, and Gardai believe some gold bullion and silver plate still lies buried in the Dublin mountains.
- At this point, he traded with local Inuit for officers' silver plate, the treasured medal making Franklin a Knight Commander of the Royal Hanoverian Guelphic Order, and other relics.
- The finds from the Shaft Graves at Mycenae contained massive quantities of gold and silver plate, including the gold death mask of Agamemnon.
- The restoration work on the castle is progressing and he is now calling on her to return the silver plate to its rightful home.
- He photographed the silver plate, pulled his hands away and put it back in the safe.
- It also means having to repress the vision of oneself staring back that appears in the mirrored surface of the silver plate.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (silver-plate)
- dar*(le) un baño de plata a, platear
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.