Translation of similar in Spanish:
- 1.1 (alike) similar, parecido, semejante the two cars are very similar in design los dos coches se parecen mucho en el diseño, los dos coches tienen un diseño muy similar or parecido to be similar
tosth parecerse* aalgo, ser* parecido or similar aalgo it's similar to the one I have se parece al que yo tengo, es parecido or similar al que yo tengo it's similar in size to a sparrow es de tamaño parecido al de un gorriónExample sentences1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] semejante
- I think we can expect to hear words very similar to those when the defence sums up its case.
- Even sinkholes similar to the one last summer have been around since the 18th Century.
- Spawning takes place between October and December, and is very similar to that of the brown trout.
- When the ratio is 1 then the similar triangles become congruent triangles (same shape and size).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the