- 1.1 (alike) similar, parecido, semejante the two cars are very similar in design los dos coches se parecen mucho en el diseño, los dos coches tienen un diseño muy similar or parecido to be similar
tosth parecerse* aalgo, ser* parecido or similar aalgo it's similar to the one I have se parece al que yo tengo, es parecido or similar al que yo tengo it's similar in size to a sparrow es de tamaño parecido al de un gorriónMore example sentences1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] semejante
More example sentences
- I think we can expect to hear words very similar to those when the defence sums up its case.
- Even sinkholes similar to the one last summer have been around since the 18th Century.
- Spawning takes place between October and December, and is very similar to that of the brown trout.
- When the ratio is 1 then the similar triangles become congruent triangles (same shape and size).
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an