Translation of simmer in Spanish:
- (liquid)(controversy/dispute)she was simmering with resentment/angerestaba a punto de estallar de resentimiento/iraExample sentences
- As controversy simmers this summer about problems in wheat production, some are reminded of the role a row about wheat played in the turbulent events of 1277.
- Well, the tension's been simmering a long time.
- This had been simmering a long time - his grandparents are Islander fans.
- (liquid/food)Example sentences
- The resulting cooking liquid is simmered, seasoned, and served as the accompanying sauce.
- He's standing at the stove, simmering spaghetti sauce.
- For the young, brought up on MTV and quickie meals and express lines, will spending hours and hours lovingly simmering a pot of degchi mutton be something futile and unimaginable?
- (no plural) to keep something at a o on the simmerbring it to a simmer and add the carrotsdejar que algo hierva a fuego lentoExample sentences
- Reduce your boiling water to a simmer, and plop two raw bagels in the water.
- But just knowing her little brother was inside was enough to make her blood heat to a simmer.
- Once at boiling point, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until tender, then liquidise and check seasoning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.