Translation of simmer in Spanish:
hervir a fuego lento(controversy/dispute)she was simmering with resentment/anger
fermentarestaba a punto de estallar de resentimiento/iraExample sentences
- The resulting cooking liquid is simmered, seasoned, and served as the accompanying sauce.
- He's standing at the stove, simmering spaghetti sauce.
- For the young, brought up on MTV and quickie meals and express lines, will spending hours and hours lovingly simmering a pot of degchi mutton be something futile and unimaginable?
- As controversy simmers this summer about problems in wheat production, some are reminded of the role a row about wheat played in the turbulent events of 1277.
- Well, the tension's been simmering a long time.
- This had been simmering a long time - his grandparents are Islander fans.
hervir a fuego lento
- (no plural) to keep something at a o on the simmerdejar que algo hierva a fuego lentobring it to a simmer and add the carrotsExample sentences
- Reduce your boiling water to a simmer, and plop two raw bagels in the water.
- But just knowing her little brother was inside was enough to make her blood heat to a simmer.
- Once at boiling point, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until tender, then liquidise and check seasoning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.