Translation of sin in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- mortal/venial sinpecado mortal/venialthe seven deadly sins it's a sin to waste foodes un crimen or un pecado tirar la comidafor my sins [humorous]para mi castigo [humorous]to live in sin (dated or humorous)vivir amancebado [dated]to be as miserable as sinser un/una cascarrabiasto be as ugly as sinser más feo que pegarle a Dios or que Picio [colloquial]→ wageExample sentences
- We now live in, and scientists study, a creation damaged by human sin and divine judgment.
- Part of the transgression of a sin is using something holy for an unholy purpose.
- Cole fears that his supernatural abilities themselves are a sin, and Malcolm's sin is the classic sin of unbelief.
intransitive verb -nn-
- to sin
againstsomething/somebodypecarmore sinned against than sinning contraalgo/alguienmás bien el ofendido que el ofensorExample sentences
- To sin against the Holy Spirit is to sin against hope.
- I hereby forgive everyone who offended or angered me, or sinned against me.
- To live in this world was to live in the expectation of sinning and being sinned against.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.