Translation of since in Spanish:
- 1 (in time)since we've owned a yacht/I've been doing yoga …desde quesince coming to Londondesde que tenemos yate/hago yoga …it's years since I've been to Francedesde que vino ( or vine etc) a Londresit's years since I enjoyed myself so muchhace años que no voy a Franciahacía años que no me divertía tantoExample sentences
- That fabric has long since been sundered and social anarchy has been the consequence.
- Practice has long since taken its leave of policy, and speaks to it about once a year, on a bad line.
- Many features shown are long since gone, but the maps aim to ensure they are not forgotten.
- 2 (introducing a reason) See examples: since you can't go, can I have your ticket?I didn't call him since it was already quite lateya que no puedes ir ¿me das tu entrada?since that is not the case …no lo llamé porque ya era bastante tardecomo ya era bastante tarde, no lo llamécomo no es asípuesto que no es ese el caso … [formal]
- they've worked there (ever) since 1970since the party he's only seen her twicehan trabajado allí desde 1970I've been living here since Marchdesde la fiesta solo la ha visto dos veceshow long is it since your operation?desde marzo pasado que vivo aquísince when have you been giving the orders?¿cuánto (tiempo) hace de tu operación?¿desde cuándo eres tú el que da las órdenes?
- 1.1 (from then till now)we had an argument last week and she's been very cool sincedesde entoncesshe has lived here ever sincetuvimos una discusión la semana pasada y desde entonces ha estado muy fría… but she had since remarrieddesde entonces que vive aquíshe was sacked last year but has been reinstated since… pero (en el ínterin) ella se había vuelto a casar1.2 (ago) See examples: long since [colloquial]la despidieron el año pasado, pero más tarde fue restituida en su cargohe gave up trying long sincehace muchothey left not long sincehace mucho que dejó de intentarlono hace mucho que se fueronExample sentences
- It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then and it is a significant milestone in her fight for life.
- I booked him for an exhibition immediately and he has been here regularly since then.
- My focus since then has been on removing this sort of conditioning from everyone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.