Translation of since in Spanish:
- 1 (in time) desde que since we've owned a yacht/I've been doing yoga … desde que tenemos yate/hago yoga … since coming to London desde que vino ( or vine etc) a Londres it's years since I've been to France hace años que no voy a Francia it's years since I enjoyed myself so much hacía años que no me divertía tantoExample sentences
- It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then and it is a significant milestone in her fight for life.
- I booked him for an exhibition immediately and he has been here regularly since then.
- My focus since then has been on removing this sort of conditioning from everyone.
- That fabric has long since been sundered and social anarchy has been the consequence.
- Practice has long since taken its leave of policy, and speaks to it about once a year, on a bad line.
- Many features shown are long since gone, but the maps aim to ensure they are not forgotten.
- 2 (introducing a reason) since you can't go, can I have your ticket? ya que no puedes ir ¿me das tu entrada? I didn't call him since it was already quite late no lo llamé porque ya era bastante tarde, como ya era bastante tarde, no lo llamé since that is not the case … como no es así, puesto que no es ese el caso … [formal]
- desde they've worked there (ever) since 1970 han trabajado allí desde 1970 since the party he's only seen her twice desde la fiesta solo la ha visto dos veces I've been living here since March desde marzo pasado que vivo aquí how long is it since your operation? ¿cuánto (tiempo) hace de tu operación? since when have you been giving the orders? ¿desde cuándo eres tú el que da las órdenes?
- 1.1 (from then till now) desde entonces we had an argument last week and she's been very cool since tuvimos una discusión la semana pasada y desde entonces ha estado muy fría she has lived here ever since desde entonces que vive aquí … but she had since remarried … pero (en el ínterin) ella se había vuelto a casar she was sacked last year but has been reinstated since la despidieron el año pasado, pero más tarde fue restituida en su cargo 1.2 (ago) long since [colloquial/familiar] hace mucho he gave up trying long since hace mucho que dejó de intentarlo they left not long since no hace mucho que se fueron
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.