Translation of since in Spanish:
- 1 (in time)desde quesince we've owned a yacht/I've been doing yoga …desde que tenemos yate/hago yoga …since coming to Londondesde que vino ( or vine etc. ) a Londresit's years since I've been to Francehace años que no voy a Franciait's years since I enjoyed myself so muchhacía años que no me divertía tantoExample sentences
- It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then and it is a significant milestone in her fight for life.
- I booked him for an exhibition immediately and he has been here regularly since then.
- My focus since then has been on removing this sort of conditioning from everyone.
- That fabric has long since been sundered and social anarchy has been the consequence.
- Practice has long since taken its leave of policy, and speaks to it about once a year, on a bad line.
- Many features shown are long since gone, but the maps aim to ensure they are not forgotten.
- 2 (introducing a reason) since you can't go, can I have your ticket?ya que no puedes ir ¿me das tu entrada?I didn't call him since it was already quite lateno lo llamé porque ya era bastante tardesince that is not the case …
como ya era bastante tarde, no lo llamécomo no es asípuesto que no es ese el caso … [formal]
- they've worked there (ever) since 1970han trabajado allí desde 1970since the party he's only seen her twicedesde la fiesta solo la ha visto dos vecesI've been living here since Marchdesde marzo pasado que vivo aquíhow long is it since your operation?¿cuánto (tiempo) hace de tu operación?since when have you been giving the orders?¿desde cuándo eres tú el que da las órdenes?
- 1 (from then till now)desde entonceswe had an argument last week and she's been very cool sincetuvimos una discusión la semana pasada y desde entonces ha estado muy fríashe has lived here ever sincedesde entonces que vive aquí… but she had since remarried… pero (en el ínterin) ella se había vuelto a casarshe was sacked last year but has been reinstated sincela despidieron el año pasado, pero más tarde fue restituida en su cargo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.