Translation of sing in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(person/bird)to sing alto/bassa mother was singing to her childtener voz de tenor/de bajoshe sings to (the accompaniment of) the guitaruna madre le cantaba a su hijocanta acompañada de la guitarraExample sentences
- And those closing strains die away, and the finale begins, a faint chorus of distant voices singing in unison, the orchestra silent.
- This opens strikingly with the high voices singing unaccompanied in unison.
- Make a tape of your own voice talking or singing to the baby.
(wind/kettle)my ears are singingme zumban or me silban los oídosExample sentences
- Like most birds, zebra finches sing as the sun rises.
- Tall, thick-branched trees surrounded her and there was nothing but the sounds of the birds singing amidst the trees.
- There are no bombs in this world; the sounds are just of tree growing and birds singing.
- Through the enveloping silence came the sound of the wind singing through the passes.
- Dad tunes the Kingswood once a month like a classical musician would tune his violin, and the engine sings.
- 1.1 sing me a songto sing somebody to sleepcántame una cancióna sung masscantarle a alguien para que se duermaarrullar a alguien cantandoto sing a different song o tuneif you were seventy, you'd be singing a different tuneuna misa cantada1.2 (celebrate) [literary]si tuvieras setenta años, no opinarías lo mismo(hero/exploits/beauty)Example sentences
- I have sung of women in three cities, they are all the same.
- Think of all the things Sinatra ever sang of.
- He knew Himself to sing, and build the lofty rhyme.
- To add to the atmosphere, members of Newport Choir and friends sang carols and Christmas songs under the Christmas Tree.
- After a couple of songs the members sang ditties from the latest movies.
- They revived the handbell choir, answering God's invitation to sing a new song.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than