Translation of singe in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (singes, singeing, singed)
- [garment/cloth] chamuscar*, quemar to singe one's beard/eyebrows chamuscarse* or quemarse la barba/las cejasExample sentences
- Try not to set your sheets on fire or singe your eyebrows.
- ‘The inside wall was slightly singed but the fire brigade said I had been minutes away from losing the entire flat,’ he said.
- The fire also singed a turret of Holy Trinity Cathedral on Hart Street.
- quemadura (feminine) ([ superficial ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the