Translation of single in Spanish:
- 1 (just one) (before noun) a single issue dominated the talksun solo or único tema dominó las conversacioneswill it fit on a single page?¿cabrá en una (sola) página?it's the single most important issuees el tema más importante or de mayor importanciathe largest single shareholderel mayor accionista individualevery single daytodos los días sin excepcióntodos los santos días [colloquial]every single copy of the book was destroyedse destruyeron absolutamente todos los ejemplares del libroyou disagree with every single thing I saytodo lo que digo or cada cosa que digo te parece mal(with negative) not a single house was left standingno quedó ni una sola casa en piethere's not a single thing I likeno hay nada que me gusteI haven't found a single mistake
no hay ni una sola cosa que me gusteno he encontrado ni un solo errorExample sentences
- That may be true but remember those in a single income family face the same financial pressures as those with a double income.
- Boredom among children is common in those families with a single child.
- Now I keep trying to remind myself that some people are supporting whole families on a single income.
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (for one person)(room)
individual(bed/sheet)a single portion (of food)
de una plaza (Latin America)una ración or porción individualExample sentences2.2 (not double)
- Tracey has had to move into her three-year-old daughter, Sophie's, room and share her single bed.
- Finally they find a dodgy motel that has some space, but the proprietor tells them the only room left contains one single bed.
- Cell-like, there is just room for a single bed, a desk and a chest of drawers.
solo(flower/tulip)in single file
simpleen fila india or de a unosingle figurescifras (feminine plural) de un solo dígitoExample sentences2.3 (one-way) (British) (Transport)
- Flower form can be single, semi-double, or fully double blooms that look similar to miniature roses.
- First of all, it's the prices: £55.00 for a single ticket from Manchester to Norwich.
- The £11 cash value of a single ticket was then removed, and the money was amassed over a long period of time.
- Trouble is, single tickets are going up to £2.
- 3 (unmarried) I'm singlesoy or (Spain also) estoy solteroto remain single the single lifela vida de soltero/solterasee also→ single parent
la solteríaExample sentences
- Even unwed single mothers have said that they want more children than they have, even in an unwed state.
- Being single after my last relationship has been a blessing.
- One second I would remember that I had spent the last couple of months of our relationship wishing I was single.
- 1 (Audio, Music) a 7-inch/12-inch singleun single/maxi-singleExample sentences
- There may be thousands of vinyl singles and long-playing albums stacked on shelves in the radio's library - but the days of loading vinyl on to a turntable are long gone.
- Fame is winning a televised talent show with a song, and then releasing a couple of singles and an album or two.
- She has already notched up three top 10 singles and is currently recording her second album in London.
- 2 2.1 (ticket) (British)Example sentences2.2 (room)
habitación (feminine) individual
- I could have bought a single on the train.
habitación (feminine) sencilla
sencilla (feminine)Example sentences
- The end result is a photography of mythical proportions that is camouflaged in paint and operates in singles rather than multiples.
- It is sold in singles for $5.95, with complete instructions to make the style of tassel shown here.
- 3(unmarried person) soltero (-ra) (masculine, feminine)(unattached adult) (persona sin pareja estable)Example sentences
- The UK's singles want relationships that don't involve their partners actually moving in, a new BBC survey has revealed.
- All the profiles are from real singles seeking sincere relationships and will always remain that way.
- He has publish Ebooks and articles on psychology, singles, relationships and Popular Culture.
- 4 (Sport) 4.1 (in baseball)Example sentences4.2 (in cricket) see also→ singles
- The next batter hits a line-drive single to right past an outstretched second baseman.
- The Yanks elected to intentionally walk Hunter, and a Koskie single loaded the bases.
- He gave up a pair of singles to Hank Blalock and Michael Young leading off the inning before he was relieved by Troy Percival.
- He provided his usual limpet-like support for Lara, working the singles, and being content to feed the strike, as they added 169 in just over 30 overs.
- He got there by guiding the 131st ball he faced, from Irfan Pathan, to square leg for a single.
- Laker and Bailey started towards the ball, hesitated, and the batsmen scrambled a single.
- 5 (dollar bill) (US)billete (masculine) de un dólarExample sentences
- Do you have any singles?
- I can't single out any individual
no puedo señalar a nadie en particularshe was singled out for criticism
se la criticó a ella en particularhe was singled out to receive the award
se lo eligió para recibir el galardónshe singled out heart disease as the biggest killer
señaló or individualizó a las enfermedades cardíacas como las causantes del mayor número de muertes
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.