- (British English) → light creamExample sentences
- Gooseberry fool, gooseberry tart (with a sprinkling of sugar and some single cream poured over it) are both heavenly.
- Then make French toast (dipped in egg, single cream, golden icing sugar and Grand Marnier or similar), and sprinkle with raw blueberries and a dollop of yogurt.
- Return the mixture to a clean pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until it has thickened to the consistency of single cream (it thickens as it cools).
Definition of single cream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.