- (British English) → light creamExample sentences
- Gooseberry fool, gooseberry tart (with a sprinkling of sugar and some single cream poured over it) are both heavenly.
- Then make French toast (dipped in egg, single cream, golden icing sugar and Grand Marnier or similar), and sprinkle with raw blueberries and a dollop of yogurt.
- Return the mixture to a clean pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until it has thickened to the consistency of single cream (it thickens as it cools).
Definition of single cream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.