Translation of sisterhood in Spanish:
- 1 countable (association of women)asociación (feminine) de mujeresExample sentences
- Religious brotherhoods and sisterhoods play an important role in organizing these ceremonies and festivals.
- In a world of brotherhoods and sisterhoods there was always the existence of secret societies.
- Although women could not be priests or bishops, convents and sisterhoods provided professional opportunities to women in a society where few respectable professional outlets existed.
- 3 uncountable (sisterly relationship)solidaridad (feminine) (entre mujeres)Example sentences
- There is no sisterhood among sisters here, only envy fuelled by despair.
- In 1991, Juliet made Blood Sisters, a film essay which explored the mythologies of sisterhood.
- I can't know what it's like to be a woman, or even how exactly to be a dad to girls, but I know something of sisters, and even perhaps of sisterhood, if I may be so bold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.