Translation of sisterhood in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (association of women) asociación (feminine) de mujeresExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Religion/Religión] congregación (feminine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (sisterly relationship) solidaridad (feminine) ([ entre mujeres ])
- Religious brotherhoods and sisterhoods play an important role in organizing these ceremonies and festivals.
- In a world of brotherhoods and sisterhoods there was always the existence of secret societies.
- Although women could not be priests or bishops, convents and sisterhoods provided professional opportunities to women in a society where few respectable professional outlets existed.
- There is no sisterhood among sisters here, only envy fuelled by despair.
- In 1991, Juliet made Blood Sisters, a film essay which explored the mythologies of sisterhood.
- I can't know what it's like to be a woman, or even how exactly to be a dad to girls, but I know something of sisters, and even perhaps of sisterhood, if I may be so bold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a