Translation of site in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (location) built on the site of a Roman templethis is the site of the battleconstruido en el lugar que ocupaba un templo romanoeste lugar fue el escenario de la batallaExample sentences1.2
also: building siteon site1.3en la obraalso: archeological sitethis is a Greek siteyacimiento (masculine) or emplazamiento (masculine) (arqueológico)a burial siteeste es un emplazamiento griego1.4una necrópolisalso: campsite
- Historical monuments, sites and buildings also came under the scrutinising eye of the engineers preparing the draft plan.
- They are urging planners to tighten controls to prevent developers from building on greenland sites in the area.
- The group is seeking planning permission on several sites and will begin building on others.
- 2 (Medicine) (of fracture)(of infection)Example sentences
- In the event, 57 farms sites were infected before the first case was diagnosed.
- They now intend seeking permission to retain and continue using the landfill site at Emo Park.
- They allow unlimited travel on all trains and access to all event sites on the railway.
- 3(on Internet)Example sentences
- There needs to be URL blocking of spyware sites, and spyware should be in antivirus signature databases.
- New techniques allow criminal hackers to compromise legitimate sites to download malware to your computer.
- Now that you have made it possible to create a Weblog, return to your site's home page.
- (often passive)Example sentences
- There are concerns about siting a new hall on the recreation field and uncertainty the current building needs as much work as is suggested.
- Some residents are concerned that new bus stops being sited outside their homes will bring noise and disruption.
- Siting new power lines is fraught with even more resistance than siting a new power plant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.