Translation of sitting in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for meal etc) I watched three movies at o in a single sittingvi tres películas de una sentada or de un tirón [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (of committee, parliament) an all-night sitting
una sesión que duró ( or dura etc) toda la nocheExample sentences1.3 (for painter, photographer)
- The Ritz serves 300 covers a day at four sittings.
- There were two sittings for dinner in the restaurant and shortly after boarding you were allocated your sitting and your table number which you kept with you throughout the cruise.
- There were no sittings; passengers came to one of the ship's restaurants when they felt like it, and if a table was available, they took it.
- He will be the key player in the meetings of the Conference of the Presidents, which meets monthly to set out the agenda for the sittings of the European Parliament.
- Today was the fourth time a serving US President has addressed a joint sitting of Parliament.
- A further rebuke took place during the first sitting of parliament.
- Blanch was his stand-in model between sittings with his portrait subjects, including the queen.
- During the first few sittings, the artist must concentrate on the face and any other physical qualities, such as hands, that need special attention.
- The portrait was completed in the artist's studio in Suffolk after five sittings in January.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.