Translation of sitting in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for meal etc) turno (masculine) I watched three movies at o in a single sitting vi tres películas de una sentada or de un tirón [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (of committee, parliament) sesión (feminine) an all-night sitting una sesión que duró ( or dura etc) toda la noche
- The Ritz serves 300 covers a day at four sittings.
- There were two sittings for dinner in the restaurant and shortly after boarding you were allocated your sitting and your table number which you kept with you throughout the cruise.
- There were no sittings; passengers came to one of the ship's restaurants when they felt like it, and if a table was available, they took it.
Example sentences1.3 (for painter, photographer) sesión (feminine)
- Come check it out and play for awhile, or just have a sit in the shade for a bit.
- Try to do at least one thing different each day - simple things: take a walk or have a sit in the park.
- He will be the key player in the meetings of the Conference of the Presidents, which meets monthly to set out the agenda for the sittings of the European Parliament.
- Today was the fourth time a serving US President has addressed a joint sitting of Parliament.
- A further rebuke took place during the first sitting of parliament.
- Blanch was his stand-in model between sittings with his portrait subjects, including the queen.
- During the first few sittings, the artist must concentrate on the face and any other physical qualities, such as hands, that need special attention.
- The portrait was completed in the artist's studio in Suffolk after five sittings in January.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.