intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [bacon/sausage] chisporrotear, crepitar she was sizzling with rage estaba que echaba chispas [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- By the time my dad woke up and walked into the kitchen I had a frying pan with bacon and sausage sizzling on one ring of the range, and another with four eggs frying.
- We can smell bacon and beans sizzling on an open fire next to a chuck wagon.
- The grapes sizzled, sputtered, and melted into syrup, basting and braising the sausages in their bubbling juices.
- chispa (feminine) the idea doesn't have any sizzle la idea no tiene chispa
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.