Translation of sizzle in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [bacon/sausage] chisporrotear, crepitar she was sizzling with rage estaba que echaba chispas [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- By the time my dad woke up and walked into the kitchen I had a frying pan with bacon and sausage sizzling on one ring of the range, and another with four eggs frying.
- We can smell bacon and beans sizzling on an open fire next to a chuck wagon.
- The grapes sizzled, sputtered, and melted into syrup, basting and braising the sausages in their bubbling juices.
- chispa (feminine) the idea doesn't have any sizzle la idea no tiene chispa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.