intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [bacon/sausage] chisporrotear, crepitar she was sizzling with rage estaba que echaba chispas [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- By the time my dad woke up and walked into the kitchen I had a frying pan with bacon and sausage sizzling on one ring of the range, and another with four eggs frying.
- We can smell bacon and beans sizzling on an open fire next to a chuck wagon.
- The grapes sizzled, sputtered, and melted into syrup, basting and braising the sausages in their bubbling juices.
- chispa (feminine) the idea doesn't have any sizzle la idea no tiene chispa
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.