- to go skatingir a patinarExample sentences
- We sat on the mezzanine floor where I was amazed by the sight of hip young waiters as they literally skated by, on roller skates, while balancing laden trays in their hands.
- I told my mother I wanted to ice skate, but she didn't skate, and she was afraid to take me out on the ice.
- Figure skating includes four disciplines - singles men and ladies skating, pairs skating, and ice dancing.
noun plural skate or skatesuncountable and countable
- (Cookery, Zoology)Example sentences
- The freshwater sawfish, a ray, is related to stingrays, skates, sharks, and other fishes with cartilaginous skeletons.
- From the same family as rays, skates are bottom-dwelling fish usually found in shallow coastal waters.
- After a total of forty minutes of heaving, the skate broke surface by the side of the boat.
- If, like me, you adore the meaty flesh and sweet flavour of fresh skate, and you have not asked your fishmonger to remove the skin, then you will need to resort to the toolbox before dinner.
- Galicians specialize in trencherman food: suckling pig, grilled skate, pulpy octopus speckled with sea salt and paprika.
- The cooking possesses an apparent simplicity - but this should fool no one: it takes ten minutes and 30 years to cook a wing of skate to this degree of perfection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the