- 1 (of yarn) madeja (f)More example sentences
- I drove to the beautiful Fisher Building in Detroit and then I counted skeins and skeins of yarn for the inventory at City Knits.
- Embellished with cascades of semi-precious stones, crystal beads, dabka, and vivid skeins of fine silk thread, the focus here is on detailing and embroidery.
- I left the store with a few new skeins of yarn and an entire set of round looms.
- 2 (of geese) bandada (f)More example sentences
- Skies were clear over South Sligo and East Mayo as skeins of wild geese winged their way towards the west coast.
- The blue train sped with the precision of a skein of geese in flight.
- Overhead skeins of geese and small flights of duck were moving south for the winter.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.