Translation of sketch in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (drawing) bosquejo (masculine), esbozo (masculine); (for painting, sculpture etc) boceto (masculine), bosquejo (masculine), esbozo (masculine) to make a sketch of sth bosquejar or esbozar* algoExample sentences1.2 (outline) esbozo (masculine), bosquejo (masculine), esquema (masculine)
- He did this partly because these paintings were intended as sketches for more finished pictures to be done later.
- The drawings and watercolors on exhibit vary from preparatory sketches to finished drawings depicting views in Delft that are still recognizable today.
- The drawings comprise preparatory sketches and finished sheets.
- 2 2.1 [Theater/Teatro] [Television/Televisión] sketch (masculine), apunte (masculine) 2.2 [Literat][ breve ensayo o composición literaria ]Example sentences
- Stewart published brief biographical sketches of the earliest Scottish chartered accountants in the second half of the 19th century.
- Serious readers will value the digressions spread among the condensed descriptions of famous events and brief biographical sketches.
- Additionally, brief biographical sketches are scattered throughout the book to introduce the reader to the major players in the drama that unfolded at Mobile.
- I start with melodies, instrumentals, a rough sketch of what the song's going to be.
- I have also met with the painters from both traditions and learnt how the murals evolve from an initial sketch to the creation of the painting that can be several storeys high.
- After a little while, the two of us had a rough sketch for a song.
- Pinter's revue sketches have never been marginal doodles.
- They'll be the tools in your arts course who try and make a sketch comedy revue.
- The novelty competition is a lighthearted short drama or comedy sketch.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
sketch inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [Art/Arte] hacer* un bosquejo de, bosquejar 1.2 (in speech, writing) esbozar*, bosquejar; (add) agregar* un esbozo de
sketch outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [Art/Arte] bosquejar 1.2 (in speech, writing) esbozar*, bosquejar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.