Translation of skipper in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of boat) patrón, (masculine, feminine), capitán, (masculine, feminine); (of plane) capitán, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] (coach) entrenador, (masculine, feminine); (captain) capitán, (masculine, feminine); (as form of address/como título de cortesía) jefe, [colloquial/familiar] morning, skipper ¡buenas, jefe! [colloquial/familiar]
- Our skipper would serve as aircraft commander; he also was the air wing's top-hook aviator.
- Done with maneuvers, a US Navy aircraft carrier skipper decided to let his crew vote on which port to visit for shore leave.
- The skipper followed me as I spiralled down as slowly as possible.
- The skippers and ship owners may be fined £32,000 each.
- Ransa will supply the vessel and a skipper if you need one.
- Boat skippers can cause mishaps on the water with similarly rash behavior.
- Our skipper plays games against teams with dominant closers as if they are eight innings long.
- Soames is not letting the poor form of his side drag him down and the young skipper was top scorer with 44.
- They know, with the skipper in the side, they won't be lacking guidance and a driving force.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [colloquial/familiar] [boat/plane] capitanear he skippered the team to victory in 1948 condujo al equipo a la victoria en 1948
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.