Translation of skipper in Spanish:
- 1 (of boat)(of plane) capitán (-tana) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The skippers and ship owners may be fined £32,000 each.
- Ransa will supply the vessel and a skipper if you need one.
- Boat skippers can cause mishaps on the water with similarly rash behavior.
- Our skipper would serve as aircraft commander; he also was the air wing's top-hook aviator.
- Done with maneuvers, a US Navy aircraft carrier skipper decided to let his crew vote on which port to visit for shore leave.
- The skipper followed me as I spiralled down as slowly as possible.
- 2 (Sport) (coach)(captain) capitán (-tana) (masculine, feminine)(as form of address)morning, skipper
jefe (-fa) [colloquial]¡buenas, jefe! [colloquial]Example sentences
- Our skipper plays games against teams with dominant closers as if they are eight innings long.
- Soames is not letting the poor form of his side drag him down and the young skipper was top scorer with 44.
- They know, with the skipper in the side, they won't be lacking guidance and a driving force.
- [colloquial](boat/plane)he skippered the team to victory in 1948
capitanearcondujo al equipo a la victoria en 1948Example sentences
- Simon Talbot from St Osyth was skippering a 53 ft yacht on a trip from Sweden to Cork when the accident happened.
- Lovesick Goodman was nabbed while skippering his seven-metre yacht RoyAnna.
- Philip, 46, skippered a yacht carrying 3.7 tonnes of cannabis - worth 11 million - from North Africa to Cornwall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.