Translation of skirmish in Spanish:
- (Military)Example sentences
- The key now is to tune out the ‘white noise’ and stop fighting the daily skirmishes of the last war.
- Commissioned a lieutenant colonel in 1754, he fought the first skirmishes of what grew into the French and Indian War.
- Whites fought frequent wars and skirmishes through the later nineteenth century as they pushed into Native Americans' lands.
- demonstrators skirmished with the policehubo escaramuzas or refriegas entre los manifestantes y la policíaExample sentences
- But they can expect little sympathy from the anti-globalisation protesters, already skirmishing yesterday with the police in south-west France.
- At age 15, he was travelling Italy with Lazio's infamous Irriducibili hooligans, skirmishing with police and opposing supporters.
- She leaves the frame, and one of the boys is skirmishing with a football.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.