- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (garment) falda (f), pollera (f) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)More example sentences1.2 (of dress) falda (f), pollera (f) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; (of jacket) faldón (masculine)
More example sentences
- After a swim, put on the wrap skirt over your bikini or swim suit, and go for a drink.
- She was wearing a knee-length dark blue jean skirt with a front slit and a blue backless top.
- Damien felt himself staring, she was wearing a short pleated denim skirt and her bikini.
- Amy adjusted Sara's coat over the skirt of her blue dress before turning for the scarf.
- Her cerise dress had narrow skirts and large, puffed sleeves.
- Amelia wore pretty dresses with full skirts and small waists with short jackets and fanned pumps.
- 2 (woman) [slang/argot] a skirt o (British English/inglés británico) bit of skirt una falda or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) pollera to chase skirts o (British English/inglés británico) skirt andar* detrás de las faldas or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) pollerasMore example sentences
- He was here, with her this very instant, and he wasn't leaving to go chase some skirt.
- He was chasing skirt and snorting booze, hoovering up every kind of sin and excess he could lay his gauntlets on.
- No, he was a skirt chaser of the worse kind.
- 1.1 (run alongside) [town/mountain/forest] bordear the road skirts the lake la carretera bordea el lagoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2skirt around
- If you are walking, you can skirt round the edge of the crag and follow some steps to rejoin the path.
- Kook stood up and skirted the round table till he came to the small black oven that stood behind Taterra.
- He did not have the time to skirt round all the walls looking for a way out.
- Along the scenic route skirting the rim we stopped at every lookout to gaze at the fantastic scenery.
- We also leased horses and went along a shaded path skirted by a stream.
- One field skirted the edge of a primary school, which was fenced off with barbed wire and guard posts.