Translation of slab in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of stone)(of concrete)
bloque (masculine)(of wood)a marble slab
tabla (feminine)una placa de mármola slab of chocolateuna tableta de chocolateExample sentences
- Massive concrete floor slabs provide thermal storage, collecting heat and giving it off again later on.
- Concrete paving slabs, available from the big DIY chains, can look almost as good as the real thing.
- A concrete slab on grade or floor is going to crack.
Example sentences1.2 (in mortuary) [colloquial]the slab
- Stuff it into a red bell pepper instead of sandwiching it between two slabs of Wonder bread.
- We enjoyed it with a slab of delicious chocolate cake.
- There is something utterly indulgent, delicious and satisfying about a slab of chocolate cake.
la mesa de autopsiasExample sentences
- There was raw chicken on a driftwood slab for this farewell meal too.
- This is where we met them, crawling out of timber slab houses.
- Now we were before the great hall itself, and I looked up at timber walls made of slabs of oak four times my height.
- Some churches are as warm and inviting as a mortuary slab.
- She begins to experiment, creating casts of mortuary slabs as well as mundane household objects.
- Whiteread cast them from two mortuary slabs which she had bought from a salvage yard in Hackney.
- Winner gets a free slab of beer and all the pies that they can eat.
- There were hundreds, if not thousands, of megalitres being traded for one slab of beer.
- Load up the ute with two spare tyres and a few slabs of beer, we're off on a virtual road trip through the history of life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.