- 1.1 (of animals) matanza (feminine) ritual slaughter sacrificio (masculine) (ritual)More example sentences1.2 (massacre) masacre (feminine), matanza (feminine), carnicería (feminine)
More example sentences
- The course covers meat processing from slaughter to packaging, food preparation and export compliance, health and safety, and communication skills.
- Both pathogens can colonise the intestines of beef cattle and get into the food chain during slaughter at the abattoir.
- The Bible records many examples of the slaughter of animals for food, products or purpose.
- Yet Amin took the use of murder as a way of dealing with all enemies, real or imagined, to new heights in Uganda and conducted his campaign of slaughter with cruel relish.
- Those possibilities, it seems, now extend to violent slaughter of the type previously monopolised by male action heroes.
- Brutal conquests to be sure, his bloody wake of slaughter in the violent thirteenth century led to the murder of untold millions.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.