Translation of slave in Spanish:
- esclavo, (-va) (masculine, feminine)he was sold as a slavelo vendieron como esclavoI'm not your slave!¡yo no soy tu criado or sirviente!to be a slave
tosomethingser esclavoshe's a slave to alcohol dealgoes esclava del alcoholExample sentences
- At any time, a master could confiscate any money that a slave had saved up, and the slave had no legal recourse.
- A University of Pennsylvania report estimates 750,000 women were trafficked into the U.S. as sex slaves in the past decade.
- While a slave could be raffled off or wagered at the master's whim, freeing a slave was fraught with legal obstacles.
- [colloquial]he's been slaving away all dayha estado trabajando como un negro or como un burro todo el día [colloquial]to slave
ato oversomethinghe's been slaving (away) at o over the report for dayslleva días trabajando como un negro or como un burro con el informe [colloquial]I've been slaving over a hot stove all afternoon and you say you're not hungry!¡me he estado matando en la cocina toda la tarde y me dices que no tienes hambre!Example sentences
- We are having sound and plasma screens in all the rooms, and we won't have to spend weekends slaving over DIY.
- You've been slaving over dinosaur details for days on end.
- But when I got home, Justin had obviously spent all day slaving away, making a 3 course dinner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.