- 1 (sled)Example sentences
- During their historic trek across the constantly moving ocean the women first pulled their 250 lb sledges of food and equipment over house-sized pressure ridges of ice and sat out blizzards.
- Led by accomplished Polar explorer Jim McNeill, the group will pull sledges weighing up to 250 lb for up to 10 hours a day 210 miles to the Magnetic Pole.
- The Manchester University academic and a pal are heading to the Greenland Icecap on sledges pulled by giant kites.
- 2→ sledgehammer
intransitive or transitive verb
- → sled 2, → sled 3Example sentences
- I had plenty of faith in my bowlers to get the batsmen out without sledging them.
- Obstruction is now a part of the game, so too sledging, so too verbal intimidation of referees.
- Asian and black players have long complained that abuse during matches, known as sledging, had taken on a racial tone when directed at them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.