Translation of sleek in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (glossy)(hair/fur)
lacio y brillanteExample sentences
- It had sleek fur, and whiskers that stretched away from the face.
- Her hair was sleek and shiny, falling a little past her shoulders but shorter in front with thin, wispy bangs.
- My chestnut hair was sleek and dark and my face was as white as unmarked paper.
- 2 (well-groomed)Example sentences
- She's sleek, elegant, stylish and the epitome of New York City chic.
- Big mistake: his carved cut was only for small, sleek people - a certain model turned fashion editor, wore it to perfection.
- Elegant and sleek Doug Glanville patrols center field, and newly blossomed Mike Lieberthal is the catcher.
- 3 (stylish, elegant)de líneas elegantesExample sentences
- Nowadays, the heart of the computer is more likely to be a sleek, futuristically designed container that is both easy on the eye and handy to move around as well.
- In one of her hands she still grasped a firearm-a smooth, sleek affair of deadly black metal.
- Then there was the film - a sleek glossy thriller, unlike any American film I knew, which to the innocent eye looked like a New Wave movie.
- to sleek one's hair downalisarse el pelohe wore his hair sleeked back with brilliantinese peinaba hacia atrás con brillantinaExample sentences
- What they have succeeded in doing was a vague similarity to French hairstyles - combining a ponytail and artificially sleeked straight hair falling like a cascade on one side of the face.
- His blue-black hair was sleeked back from his face, his golden eyes reflecting the blazing sparks of the fire.
- So these subtle communications play a substantial role in the same way as mammals display fear by sleeking their hair over their head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.