adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1.1 (glossy) [hair/fur] lacio y brillanteMore example sentences1.2 (well-groomed) acicalado, pulcro
More example sentences1.3 (stylish, elegant) de líneas elegantes
- It had sleek fur, and whiskers that stretched away from the face.
- Her hair was sleek and shiny, falling a little past her shoulders but shorter in front with thin, wispy bangs.
- My chestnut hair was sleek and dark and my face was as white as unmarked paper.
More example sentences
- She's sleek, elegant, stylish and the epitome of New York City chic.
- Big mistake: his carved cut was only for small, sleek people - a certain model turned fashion editor, wore it to perfection.
- Elegant and sleek Doug Glanville patrols center field, and newly blossomed Mike Lieberthal is the catcher.
- Nowadays, the heart of the computer is more likely to be a sleek, futuristically designed container that is both easy on the eye and handy to move around as well.
- In one of her hands she still grasped a firearm-a smooth, sleek affair of deadly black metal.
- Then there was the film - a sleek glossy thriller, unlike any American film I knew, which to the innocent eye looked like a New Wave movie.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.