Translation of sleek in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1.1 (glossy) [hair/fur] lacio y brillanteExample sentences1.2 (well-groomed) acicalado, pulcro
Example sentences1.3 (stylish, elegant) de líneas elegantes
- It had sleek fur, and whiskers that stretched away from the face.
- Her hair was sleek and shiny, falling a little past her shoulders but shorter in front with thin, wispy bangs.
- My chestnut hair was sleek and dark and my face was as white as unmarked paper.
- She's sleek, elegant, stylish and the epitome of New York City chic.
- Big mistake: his carved cut was only for small, sleek people - a certain model turned fashion editor, wore it to perfection.
- Elegant and sleek Doug Glanville patrols center field, and newly blossomed Mike Lieberthal is the catcher.
- Nowadays, the heart of the computer is more likely to be a sleek, futuristically designed container that is both easy on the eye and handy to move around as well.
- In one of her hands she still grasped a firearm-a smooth, sleek affair of deadly black metal.
- Then there was the film - a sleek glossy thriller, unlike any American film I knew, which to the innocent eye looked like a New Wave movie.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.